MONDAY CHECK IN!!!

iVillage Member
MONDAY CHECK IN!!!
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:25am

Ok, girls - it's the full moon.  SOMEBODY NEEDS TO HAVE A BABY.

How far along are you this week?

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally?

Any signs of labor?

What's on your to-do list this week?

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately?

Chief Complaint?

Biggest Excitement?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 5:06pm
How far along are you this week? I'll be 39 weeks on Thursday!! I can't believe this journey is almost over! How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? I am stressed and tired and tired of being stressed! And I'm definitely feeling the end of pregnancy these days. I'm not sleeping well, having horrible heartburn at night, can't get comfy, it hurts to walk, etc. But it's almost over, so I can hang in there for another week (I think!) Mentally, I'm ready to meet this little girl. And I think we have pretty much everything we need for her right now (besides the stroller, which can wait a few weeks). My sling just came in the mail today, and I also had a surprise baby shower thrown by my coworkers last Saturday, so we're pretty stocked up on clothes and diapers and wipes :-) Any signs of labor? Just a lot of pressure down low, and more BH contractions, but nothing regular at all. What's on your to-do list this week? I need to cycle through the rest of baby's clothes, finish packing her bag and mine for the hospital, and just get the house in order for the couple of days I'll be in the hospital and my parents will be here. How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? My DH has been kind of short with me lately, but he says I've been the same with him. I think we're both just stressed with all that's going on (end of pregnancy, him working a lot of hours, the end of his school, baby coming NEXT WEEK). Chief Complaint? Not being able to sleep! Part of that is because of my physical discomforts, and part of that is YDS being off his sleep schedule lately. I'm dreading how he's going to be once the baby is up and crying throughout the night, but crossing my fingers that maybe he'll be okay. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic, and I'll never sleep again. Guess we'll see... Biggest Excitement? Meeting our little girl, of course! Knowing that she'll likely be here next Monday (only one week from today!). I just can't wait!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:39pm
How far along are you this week? 38 weeks!! How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? Huge! Anxious! Excited! lol Any signs of labor? Zip, nada, nothing What's on your to-do list this week? Clean the house, same as always... How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? They are all getting antsy and excited. Chief Complaint? Almost no clothes fit. Biggest Excitement? I will have a baby in exactly 1 week, no matter what!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:19pm
How far along are you this week? 38 weeks! How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? At the moment I feel pretty good except for all the pain I'm having. Mentally and emotionally I feel fine. Any signs of labor? I had several days the last few weeks of tons of contrations, but the last few days I have felt good and few contractions. What's on your to-do list this week? Clean the house and do some laundry. My big thing was taking my midterm and I did that this morning. The second big thing is taking my son to get his braces off, which is tomorrow. How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? My husband actually has been having sympathy for me! He normally downplays pregnancy issues, but I am so huge and miserable this time that he keeps saying he doesn't know how I'm doing it. Chief Complaint? Being so big that my clothes are tight. Sore hips, ribs, back, heartburn, baby headbutting my cervix, you know, all the normal stuff. Biggest Excitement? With delivery sooooo close -probably this weekend (I' am so surprised I have made it this far), I am just so excited to meet this little fellow and see what he looks like. With it being 6 years since my last baby and not having planned for more, this little guy seems like just a little miracle!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:04pm

I may not be on much after friday so if anyone wants updates pm me and I will give you my FB info (I just don't like broadcasting it over the entire internet for everyone to see.)

How far along are you this week? 37 weeks!! My last few days of being pregnant, well for at least a year anyway.

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? I am really nervous and feeling like I need a few more weeks to prepare. On the other hand, I am sick of the heartburn and reflux in the middle of the night, alond with the pains, so I just want to be able to sleep again without waking up cough on reflux (oh yes it has gotten that bad)

Any signs of labor? BH, hips are loose, my crotch feels like it will fall out and the best part of all this is my uterus is still really high, no dilation of my cervix, nor any shortening. So, yes I am in pain, but I won't go into labor before Friday so my doctors are happy.

What's on your to-do list this week? umm go to my BIL's orchistra tryouts, hospital tour, take and pick up BIL to and from school since MIL is in Houston for Quilt convention, pack for hospital, have a baby on friday!

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? He is not as understanding of all the symptoms and mood swings this last week. He is ready to meet his daughter. Oh and I think he is finally getting sympathy pains and mood swings. His back and hips have been hurting him for no reason.

Chief Complaint? I don't want a c-section, why couldn't my GD placenta have moved!!!! Oh, and I WANT SEX!

Biggest Excitement? I get to meet my baby face to face on friday and hold her!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:51pm

How far along are you this week?  37 weeks tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally?  emotionally good, physically done, and mentally just keep thinking of random things here and there i should do

Any signs of labor?  lots of BH, and mucous plug...

What's on your to-do list this week?  last week of work! doc appt wed, and just keeping up with laundry and cleaning just in case

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately?  acting like i should not do much...well DH anyway lol. kids same as normal. my 3 yr old keeps asking when baby brooklyn is coming

Chief Complaint?  uncomfortable and now my sinuses are acting up and getting a nasty cough

Biggest Excitement?  just excited to go to my appt wed to see if i have progressed more and excited to be on my last week of work

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:43pm
How far along are you this week? 38 weeks How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? Mentally ready, but the past two nights I have been unable to sleep! I've had a couple weird birthing dreams Any signs of labor? Last week after my chiropractor I definitely felt some changes. Bh contractions over the weekend resulting in the next morning lossing quite a bit mucus plug. What's on your to-do list this week? I am all ready! My to do list is to relax and take it easy How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? My DH is keeping close tabs. If I don't answer the phone during the day he freaks Chief Complaint? not being able to sleep! Biggest Excitement? Just excited our little one will be here soon. I am suspecting this week. My last two were about a week early
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:05pm
How far along are you this week? 38 weeks How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? Im excited... but I have a severe anxiety disorder and I haven't been taking any medication since I discovered I was pregnant, and now due to lack of sleep and not having my medication, I am getting really back anxiety attacks for no reason. Any signs of labor? Contractions and pressure are an every day thing... oh and Bye Bye mucus plug! What's on your to-do list this week? A little cleaning and thats really about it. How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? DH and I had a not so great week last week, he has been stressed out and I finally just let him know that He attitude was upsetting me and he needed to do something about it and he did and now we are fine! Chief Complaint? Anxiety Attacks, Hip Pain, Cant Sleep, Heartburn, Pressure, Hurts to walk....... Biggest Excitement? I KNOW that by next Thursday by baby will be here, because thats when my c-section is scheduled for!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 11:33am

I know! I thought the full moon was last night, so I walked, I bounced on my birthing ball, I ate an extra spicy dinner and talked my poor, poor husband into DTD Laughing And nothing... Here I sit, with not even a contraction to speak of.

How far along are you this week?

38 weeks! Eeeek!

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally?

Emotionally, I'm pretty discouraged and just "done". I had my 37 week appointment last Wednesday, and my doctor got called away to deliver a baby just as he was about to walk in my room. I heard him take the call right outside my room :/ So I didn't get to see if I had progressed at all, and most importantly, I didn't get to talk to him about my induction :( My nurse told me that it hadn't gotten scheduled the week before, so the 2 days that were supposed to be open for me (the 6th or 7th) were no longer available. So instead of deliviering next Tuesday, I won't go in until next Friday, the 9th. I'm so bummed, and I just can't shake that feeling :(

Any signs of labor?

I've been having contractions that keep me up during the night, all except last night when I really worked to get things moving... go figure! The baby is also pretty low, I think. I have to pee a lot, but my bladder is so squished, I never have to go as much as I feel like I do. And my hips are so loose, they feel like they've come unhinged.

What's on your to-do list this week?

Well, I guess the only thing I have to do is stock up on Costco Stuff (TP, Paper towels, clorox wipes, frozen stuff & a few snacks). I also need to buy a bouncy seat, some baby hats & swaddlers.

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately?

Well, I'm grumpy. I've given all of my kids chore charts to get them ready for helping out when the little guy arrives. I was griping at my 12 yo son about the way he was cleaning off the table, and he stopped, looked at me and said "Mom, when are you going to the hospital?" Laughing I love that kid! But seriously, I think everyone has had their fill of me. My dh is nesting in his own way too. This weekend, he out of the blue went and bought me a new van and installed the baby's car seat :)

Chief Complaint?

My hips hurt really bad, and I'm huge. I've had 2 people now comment that I look like I'm having twins. *sigh*

Biggest Excitement?

I'm really excited that I got a new van. It's nice to know that I have something dependable to drive. I'm also excited to have some pretty intense Braxton Hicks. A few of them, I've had to breathe through, so I'm hoping they're doing something to get things moving.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 11:17am

How far along are you this week? I'll be 37 Wed.

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally?  Emotionally, fine.  A little subdued I guess.  Physically, drained, huge, enormous, big... you get the idea.  :)  Mentally, okay.  I'm compartmentalizing I think.  So, right now, I'm good.

Any signs of labor?  Not really.  BH haven't really been happening lately.  I thought they had, but not in DAYS.  EDD is the 21st.  So maybe nothing will start up too much for another week or so.

What's on your to-do list this week?  Make a list of bags to back.  Send out my Thank you cards from the shower.  They're done...just not mailed. ugh

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately?  Yesterday my DSS asked me everytime I winced or paused or scratched my belly, if I was okay. It was cute.  My feet were huge and my back was hurting...so that was why I paused.  But DH is just telling me not to over do it and he watches over me, but he's not over reacting.

Chief Complaint?  The bottom of stomach hurts!  Feels like a bruise.  And today the bottoms of my feet hurt.  They were super swollen this weekend, but deflated a lot over night.  Thankfully.  They just hurt really bad.  And my back..as always...  :-)

Biggest Excitement?  Um...My SIL gave us TONS! of receiving blankets and sheets!  I'm soooo relieved.  She also gave us some clothes, bibs and such too.  They're all washed and ready to go!   

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 9:31am

How far along are you this week? 36 weeks, 2 days right now

How are you feeling? Emotionally, physically, mentally? I'm frazzled. The pump in our water well decided to give up the ghost last night.  Our house has no water.  And DD is sick.  Physically, I've been contracting somewhat regularly for a few hours each day.  Mentally, I just want to sleep for a few hours and then tell you.

Any signs of labor? I am the queen of latent labor.  These contrx (while not the "real deal") are feeling real and doing a number on my abdomen.  I've had an increase in discharge in the last few days, too.

What's on your to-do list this week? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  I also need to do some basic cleaning, but I have no water today - so I'm cuddling up with DD and watching movies.

How is your DH/SO/Family reacting to you lately? My DS is a typical teenager.  He gets excited at times, but he's still a punk.  DD is ready for me to be "unpregnant" so we can cuddle more easily. DH is getting antsy and actually answers his phone during working hours now. 

Chief Complaint? Hugely uncomfortable, no water, cranky.  How's that?!

Biggest Excitement? I know I'm getting close.  My baby will be home with me so soon and I'm ready for that!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012