Names!!!! Ugggh

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Names!!!! Ugggh
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 3:19pm
We are having such a tough time with names. My first two girls were easy since my ex didn't care about helping with names.
Our youngest wasn't named until after she was born. So far most of the names I come up with my husband isn't to excited about. I like Maya which he is kind of liking. He came up with a name this week that I am not sure on Jordyn. I think both names would sound good with our last name.
I also like Molly , Millie , and Marlee:smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 5:26pm
With our kids, DH and I always make separate lists for boys and girls (first names only, we figure out middle names later on). Then we compare our lists and see if we have any names that we both liked and if there are any names on the other's list that we might like but didn't think of. With our boys, their names ended up being the only name that we each had on our list, so it worked out well! It was the same with the boys' list this time around, but our girls lists had a few of the same names. We ended up thinking and talking it over for a little while and settled on the name Lia. I think if we just sat down and threw out names, we'd never get anywhere because we have completely different naming styles! And I think he shoots down the ones I like just for fun sometimes, too, though!

The name game is fun, but frustrating too. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find the perfect name for your little one!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:26pm

My DH and I sat down and come up with a list of criteria and searched through baby name websites using that criteria. When we came across a name that we liked and fit the criteria we wrote it down on our seperate lists. We then combined our lists to make a master list. Our criteria was a Celtic name that was easily pronounced from the spelling, a name that had a popular nickname, something that went with our last name, something that does not begin with a k or c, and something easily spelled by a first grader. We then started combining names to see what combinations we liked. I think I did most of the work and my DH just said yay or nay to them and gave me a reason why he did not like it, but like other people said you need to figure out the criteria you would like to follow.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:45am
We SUCK at picking names. This little girl is currently going by Sweet November or The Caboose Baby. I wish I could help you out - but we're in a pretty tough boat here, too!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:59am

Hi ladies!

Finding the perfect baby name is one of the most fun parts of pregnancy (but can also be one of the most frustrating parts too!).  If you are ever in need of some more feedback or a few new ideas, you may want to visit one of our baby name boards here on iVillage.  The members there are passionate about naming and I'm sure they'd love to hear from you!

Best of luck to you and happy name hunting!

Baby Names- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-ppbabyname

Baby Names: Beyond the Trends- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-psbabynames

photo snowsiggy.png