New Pregnancy Trend: Dadchelor Parties?

iVillage Member
New Pregnancy Trend: Dadchelor Parties?
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:00am

Hey, being a Dad is lifechanging, too. Cue the rise of the Dadechlor party -- a bunch of guys getting together for one last hurrah before the nights of sleep deprivation and diaper duty begin. Whether it's a camping trip, man-cave retreat or (of course) a weekend in Vegas, Dads-to-be have started commemorating their last pre-parent days with a celebration of their own.

The Biggest Parenting Trends of 2012-  http://www.ivillage.com/biggest-pregnancy-trends-2012/6-b-470484#ixzz22OgZMQO5 

Interesting idea!  Is your DH/SO planning a "dadchelor party" before baby arrives? :smileyhappy:

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:44pm
Too late for that. :smileyhappy: He's been a dad for a few years now. Now, he's lucky if he can get the other dads over for a fun card game night with adult beverages.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 4:07pm
I think its a little silly. My husband and I are trying to spend as much time TOGETHER as we can before we have another person that needs most of our attention. Also, It's not like your life is over when you have a new baby. Most people can get a baby sitter for a nice date night, or can even take turns watching the baby so the other can go out for a couple hours with friends. That's just my opinion though.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 10:43pm

My DH thought the idea was silly, of course he also laughed at the idea of having a bachalor party. It is not like having a baby,or getting married, will take away your freedom, all it does is add something more important into your life. There are grandparents and baby sitters for a reason, so you can get out and enjoy something without your new addition. In fact we are already planning a date night to the movies in January to see the Hobbit.