Nursery

iVillage Member
Nursery
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 11:23pm
Anyone else working on the nursery yet? I got the first coat of paint up today and will be finishing the second coat Monday. Not sure what we are going to do about a crib yet, but I didn't put my 1st in a crib until he was 3 months old for naps and then 5 months for night time.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: amandagp82
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 8:55am
Yay for starting on the nursery!

We're not setting anything up here, since there's a small possibility that we may be moving in January, and I don't want to have to move my younger daughter into her big sister's room and completely set up the baby's room if we'll be leaving just a couple of months afterward. So if we do find out that we'll be moving, baby will just sleep in our room until the move, then we can set it all up at the new house. But if we don't move, then we'll probably set it up shortly before the baby comes.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 12:59pm
We live in a two bedroom townhouse. We're hoping to move after DH gets home from deployment, so instead of clearing out our 2nd bedroom (which we could) I'm going to create a baby corner in our decently sized master. I just ordered the crib yesterday and I already have the mattress. I wish I could paint, but since it's a rental I don't want to bother with having to paint it back when we leave.

Having a crib on the way is starting to make it feel real!

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 3:53pm
With my first I did up a nursery - nothing fancy just paint, furniture, and a few special 'touches' (after painting we dipped our hands in diff colour paint and to make a multi- coloured handprint border) but It was barely used for her first year and I had such seperation anxiety that we ended up moving her crib into our room in less than a week. My Second roomed with us as well until nearly a year. This time I am not going to bother with doing a room until the baby is close to a year and ready to have his own space however I am slowly working away on cleaning and reorganizing our room to make room for the baby.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 8:01pm
I'm in the same boat as Tabatha. We really don't do a nursery at all. This baby will room with us until weaned or sleeping through the night and then she will move in with her sister.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:34am

I'm also in the rooming with us boat. We have 2 teenagers and sharing just isn't an option.  So, we'll be moving around May of next year and she'll be 6 months by then.  So, we'll move her into her own room when we move.  Her crib is in our room already set up.  :-)  We don't have a mattress or anything in it though.  It's just sitting there, waiting.  lol

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 3:42pm
Yea for starting the nursery! That's exciting!

I have the room cleaned out (had to rearrange my children), I have the paint and border all ready. I hope to start painting this weekend. With me, my only child that slept well was the one that I had a nursery set from day 1 and used it for daytime naps from the beginning and then started her sleeping in there at night at about 6 weeks. My other four children all stayed in my room for 6 months to a year and they all were horrible sleepers as babies. With two of them I was able to train them to sleep well at a few months old, but the other two were horrible sleepers until about 3 years old. I will be 40 and finishing my degree and really need sleep this time! :smileyhappy:
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers