Obsessing over going home outfit

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Obsessing over going home outfit
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 4:47pm

I don't know why, but today I'm just all about the going home outfit.  I know I just want it to be a sleeper.  Last time I never found one I really liked among the gender neutral stuff.  I'm considering buying two this time...one for a girl and one for a boy.  Though I'm not sure how warm it should be either.  I know they get chilled easily and I live in MI.  I will have my insulated car seat cover that should hold most of the heat in for the drive home and our midwives knit hats for all the babies born there.  I'm just not sure if a fleece outfit would be too warm while in the birth center.

Last time DD was due in October and born in September, so by the time I felt like I wanted the fleece ones she was a couple months old and got too hot in them in the house.

I've considered buying a fleece outfit to go over a cotton outfit, but that seems like over kill...we probably won't have snow yet when this little one arrives.  I don't expect we'll leave the house again until the 2 week checkup, so it doesn't seem like something we'd be very likely to use again in the newborn size.

I guess this is what you get when you don't have a lot to buy...you obsess over the few things you do get to shop for.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:30pm
lol, pregnancy does funny things. Not sure it will help but here is what my outfit will be - A cotton sleeper (I know its a boy so likely a boyish one yet to be determined) c/w a beautiful knitted sweater and hat set that I received while pg with my oldest dd (it is a beautiful blue shade that worked for a girl but will be perfect for a boy) and whatever blanket will be his regular going out blankie is(I have a really nice snoopy one that i was given for my ODD but never really used, might drag it out for this guy). I live in a place that will definitely be chilly by Nov (atlantic canada) and I find that layers are perfect because you can add or remove as needed.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:48pm
*sigh* I can't justify buying anything else since I'm having another girl. I bought a cozy little sleeper from the second hand store a few weeks back. I'll probably use that. Or the outfit her sister came home in.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 2:40pm

I am obsessing too as I live in North Dakota so it will most likely be pretty cold out. It was just starting to chill when I had my last daughter here. I am thinking just a cotton outfit with a hat...then her blanket and the carseat cover as I am sure my husband will pick us up at the door anyway. Yeah, the cold part is what has me....not knowing how chilly it will be. I think too like it was mentioned, when you don't have too much to buy, we think really hard about those few things!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers