OK, it has officially started...

iVillage Member
OK, it has officially started...
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 7:39pm

NESTING!!! I scoured online ads (kijiji, similar to craigslist) for 3 different cities where I have connections  and found 2 promising ads for used boys clothes ($25 for a garbage bag of 0-12 mos and $65 for 3 garbage bags of 0-24 mos) and an ad for a new ergo infant insert for $20 (owners forgot they had it till baby outgrew it) - Also found an ad for huge amount of size 5 to 6x clothes for my oldest for $15 but I haven't heard back on that yet. So I got all the info and DH is going for the ergo insert and the 0-12 mos clothes tomorrow before he leaves the city and one of his aunts has been kind enough to offer to pick up the other clothes (which are in my hometown), hopefully they will get back to me soon with their contact info, then this little guy will be all set for clothes for a while.

I am bummed that I misssed out on one great ad - someone giving away their entire diaper stash bc it needed new elastics and they didn't have the time to do it. Unfortunately someone else beat me to it, maybe I will get lucky and they won't actually pick it up...

I also went through my bags and bags of girls clothes and saved 1 garbage bag of gender neutral stuff - mostly 0-6 with a few larger items (I didn't know the sex of my first till birth even then I dislike pink), I saved a few outfits I can't part with from when my girls were babies, and I have 4 garbage bags of girl clothes (0-3T?) to pass on.  That was a huge item on my list! We will be bringing in our crib, change table, etc. on the weekend and perhaps I can convince DH to set it up while were at it. I still need a dresser for this guy and to get my bedroom cleaned up / rearranged / set up, wash and arrange baby clothes and diapers, and then I am ready for November - I can't believe it! I wasn't this prepared this early for my first not to mention my second (poor middle child). 

Anyone else nesting yet?

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 7:47pm
Here!

Good job, mama! Sounds like you got some great deals! I have been given hand me downs from family. Pretty much anything I didn't have, I have now, or has been offered to me. I will get a Britex car seat that I can trade in to BRU in September and then I'm set. I don't have any of the furniture set up or the nursery decorated, but plans are in the way. I hope to start that next week. My main thing is that I get the energy to get stuff done, but only have that energy for a couple of hours and then wear out. Plus I have the stupid irritable uterus and have to watch out for that.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 7:58pm
I love hand me downs!!! Most all of my stuff is hand me downs - crib for our first 2 was a hand me down from MIL but we wore it out so this time it is hand me downs from my sister (I am not picky as long as its safe which has saved me a bundle of money). Unfortunately all the people I know with boys have long since handed down their clothes so those and my worn out car seat were my only purchases to be made!

Don't push it - gotta keep that uterus semi happy! Hope you get your nursery set up soon (baby will be in with us so I won't even bother with decorating a nursery)
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:10pm
Yes! Got the pack-n-play set up and the stroller put together today! I have been shopping the clearance racks, only buying amazing deals. There are lots to be had. JC Penney's has been great. I also have received several hand me downs. Very exciting to be getting set up! Only a few more weeks! :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:37pm
I have gone through every scrap of boy or girl clothing in this house in the last two weeks. I've culled out the little boys things and organized the little girl things by size. I have saved almost everything from DD - so YAY!! I do need some little socks and a hat or two.

My diapers are organized and I'm getting ready to start prepping some of them when my newest order (and last order, I'm sure) comes in. I need to get some new cloth wipes. That is on my list.

My older children are ready for school to start with supplies, sports gear, bags and clothes. I have completely emptied closets and drawers and organized them and threatened the kids within an inch if they enter the disarrayed state they were any time in the near future.

I've started hunting down the most reasonable and sustainable raised/slaughtered side of beef for our freezer. I've started getting the things ready that I need to can tomatoes soon.

Yes. Nesting like crazy. And wearing out too quickly!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:33pm
Tabigale wrote:

Anyone else nesting yet?

No, but I could use some nesting!  Now that we are back from vaca I'm suddenly realizing we are almost in the 3rd trimester and we need to get a new car, a new carseat (for ODS), I feel like our whole house is piled with junk, my DH needs to get life insurance, we need to do a will---these last two things have been on our to-do list since I was preggie two years ago with DS!  Eeeek.  

But have we DONE ANYTHING?  Nope.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 9:38pm

I am!! I am starting to clean out my DH's bedroom at his parent's house since we have not found a house we like/ can afford. I know this is not nesting but I am also cleaning out my dresser and closet to make room for the baby and get rid of stuff that does not fit and I don't want anymore. I guess moving helps with the need to nest since everything needs to be out of here in a month and I need to clean places in my mom's house to put things we won't be using until we buy our own house. Cleaning my mom and in-laws out of baby clothes and toys as well. I need to hit craigslist soon to buy girly baby clothes and toys.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 10:00pm
elwing_6284 wrote:

I know this is not nesting but I am also cleaning out my dresser and closet to make room for the baby and get rid of stuff that does not fit and I don't want anymore. 

Sounds like nesting to me!  People do ridiculous unrelated-to-baby things when nesting!  Cleaning out our garage is on my nesting to-do list!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 11:50am
When I was pregnant with DD - I totally reorganized my entire kitchen. If I hadn't just moved into this house a year ago, I'd probably do something similar. As it is, my kids closets look like something on Pinterest.

And I'm prepping my cloth diapers (cotton fitteds) right now. I figure with all of the dipes I need to prep, I might as well get on it! Hey, the washer was empty - that doesn't happen around here too often!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 2:35pm

I have gone through all of the baby clothes as I have tons that I kept as I was praying my husband would agree to our 4th! So, my 3rd was born Oct 1 so they will be pretty close to the same seasons as long as their sizes are similar. I have cleaned out all 3 kids' rooms and getting ready to put my 2 yr old and 9 yr old in the same room next weekend! I want to have them together before school starts on Aug 22 so they have some time to adjust. I still have more to do, but I am making progress before school and sports start back up!!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 3:42pm

Nesting has started here too! Although I have been insanely exhausted lately, I still managed to do a good bit of cleaning and organizing with the kids' stuff the other day. I went through all of the kids' clothes and pulled out and organized all of the things that were too small. Some of them will be stored away for younger siblings, some still need to get dropped off at Goodwill. I also went through the boxes of fall & winter clothing we had stored in the shed and pulled out what should fit the kids in a few months (not that we're anywhere close to winter, with 100+ degree weather here!). In the midst of that, I reorganized three of the kids' dressers. I also cleaned out my half of the closet (not even touching DH's side!), and put anything for the new baby in a spare closet in DD's room.

I'm really itching to get rooms set up for when the baby comes, since we'll have to do some rearranging to create space for her, but that has to wait until we find out if DH gets the job he's in consideration for in another state. If he gets that job, we'll have to move in January, so baby will just room with us for a couple of months until the move. But if he doesn't get the job, we won't be moving until the summer, so my older girls will likely move into the same room, the boys will continue sharing their room, and the baby will get the smallest room to herself. 

I've also been looking at sales and Craigslist ads. I have picked up a few clothes that were on clearance, some pacifiers,and bought a swing off of Craigslist. I have stocked up our registry with things that we still need/want to buy, so hopefully some of those items will go on sale over the next few months. 

I have the desire to do so much more, but the energy just isn't there! I've realized that we only have about three months maximum before she gets here, so hopefully I'll find a burst of energy somewhere along the way! Otherwise, maybe I'll be able to bribe DH to do some of it ;-)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

Pages