Ok. Who is Nesting?

iVillage Member
Ok. Who is Nesting?
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:20pm

I've had a few "nesting" urges in recent weeks.  Yesterday and today - I'm positively antsy with the urge to nest.  I have cleared out drawers and cleaned closets and ignored the phone all day. 

Who else?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 3:19pm
I feel like a crazy person. I want to organize everything and I can't stop myself!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 5:55pm

I have defiantly been nesting. I have organized thing three times, unpacked about half of the boxes, and cleaned two houses. Right now I am resisting the urge to clean my IL's house since they have house cleaner who come every other week. But, last week I cleaned my mom's entire downstairs before the ligament pain and backache started. That included washing the wood floor with a sponge and washing the carpets, sofa, etc. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 7:28pm
Still nesting here too (finally got bedding on my crib and started stripping my diapers next to wash and sort baby clothes) but I seem to be past the crazy stage and being much more reasonable and moderate. I can only assume this is because my list is getting much smaller, my house feels more under control (still needs some tlc but sooo much better than it was), and my body takes days to recuperate after a really intense cleaning / nesting day. However after reading that the first October baby was on its way (induced after water broke at 36 weeks but no update yet) a few days ago I am feeling anxious about getting my bags packed before doing much more cleaning.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 7:40am
Yes. It's been going on for weeks now. I'm still tired, so sometimes I resist the nesting urge because I feel exhausted at the same time, but love that urge to organize and get ready.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 8:30pm

I wish I felt like nesting! Instead I feel like a big ol' blob, unmotivated to do much of anything. I still have about a month until my shower. After that I suspect I'll kick things into gear.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:13am
I said I was slowing down but today has me cleaning cobwebs, ceiling fans, old cast iron radiators, cupboards (just fronts), doors, baseboards, and walls... Yah, slowing down.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!