Our First Surprise

iVillage Member
Our First Surprise
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 11:57am

For me, this pregnancy was the result of starting my birth control pack a week late.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 12:57pm
Hugs. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I am a stat at home mom to our 3 kids. We own our own home and I drive a Yukon so we room and cars for another isn't the problem. We can easily afford a 4th, my question is, is it fair to my older 3? We were getting to the point where we just pick up and go. No more strollers, naps, feedings every so many hrs etc. My 7 yr old I could tell wasn't thrilled. My 5 yr old just adores all babies and our 2 yr old has no clue! But, I want to be excited. I was when I first found out but all these neg thoughts take over. I think once I can "feel" the baby in there and seeing him/her on the u/s will make it easier to swallow. Good luck and try not to let others get you down!!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 1:45pm

I am with you guys! After talking about the mere possibility of a fourth for a year, my husband decided beginning of february he was ready. I contemplated waiting to let it sink in, and I thought well it will be a few months anyway. I got pregnant the first month so it is still sinking in. I have only told a few people, and I too am nervous of what others will think. DH whole family is 2 kids. My family is more open and up for it. We live nowhere near any family and have never asked for a thing from anyone. I know we can afford, but like you said Lindsay I wonder if I am doing something that is right

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 1:58pm
I'm right there.

DS wasn't planned and we found out in a horrible time in our relationship, so neither of us was thrilled right away. This one was a NTNP but Oops he wasn't ready for another baby, baby.

It's take a week or so but he's finally warmed up to the idea and we're finally getting excited.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 2:08pm

This is my first pregnancy, but I have 2 step children who live with us all of the time, except about

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 3:28pm
Wow, I feel like you guys read my mind with some of these posts! I am in the exact same boat, except that we had absolutely no plans for another baby. We have four and were *done*. I was on birth control pills until DH could get up the nerve for a vasectomy, and surprise! - here we are.

The thought of having another baby scared the heck out of both of us at first, but now we're excited and looking forward to it. We have the money and space for another child, but I'm almost a little sad to be starting the baby phase over again when we were finally getting to the point where we could do more things together because our youngest was getting older. But then I feel bad about feeling that way, because I am still happy about this pregnancy. And on top of that, it's a little hard for me to feel too overjoyed yet, because I am cautious due to previous losses and afraid that something might be wrong this time. And that would just tear me up.

I guess I agree with Lindsay, once this pregnancy gets further along and things are more certain, then I'll be able to be more happy and excited.

But you are definitely not alone in how you feel! Hopefully as time goes on, we'll all be able to get more excited and prepared for our newest little additions!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 7:50pm
We thought we were done too. I made it clear when my youngest was 3 months old, that I wouldn't mind one more baby. DH was against it. I understood where he was coming from. We have two together, and he has two from a previous marriage; 4 total for him.
I told him point blank, he needed to go get the big V. We have a child already from when I was on the pill, we could have another oops.
And here we are...our 3rd baby together is on its way. 5 kids now for DH. Although we were shocked and overwhelmed at first, it's very welcomed. And DH has an appointment for the big V in June. We're officially done.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant