Playlist

iVillage Member
Playlist
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 5:22pm

I put together a "play list" for my iPod this weekend fo songs I want to hear while I'm in labor.  To make the moment even more real, I sat on my exercise (they call these birthing balls in the L&D) while I did it..  After a while, I sat and listened to it and decided I made a great choice to do this.  It put me sort of inside of myself and allowed me to just focus on whatever I wanted to at the time. 

It was sort of a cool moment with just me and the baby. 

Anyone else have a play list?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:41am

I did that this weekend too!  I don't have a playlist of songs, but I have all my Hypnobaby scripts and relaxation things on my iphone and an ipod...just in case one fails.  ;-)   It must have been prep weekend for us.  :-) I've been sitting on the ball too.  It's more comfortable than a chair most of the time, eases my back pain and they say helps get/keep baby in the right position. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 12:43pm

That sounds like a great accomplishment.  If I find out I have to go to the hospital for this one, I'll be doing the same.  If I get to have this baby at home, I won't need it.  Last time I couldn't stand any noise.  I tried listening to my hypnosis or watching favorite DVDs, but I would immediately turn them off.  I just totally focused inward and talked to the baby the whole time.  Even in between contractions I couldn't stand the noise.  I know that kind of quiet won't be possible in a hospital, so if we have to go that route I'll then need something to drowned out all the foreign noises of the hospital.