random belly question

iVillage Member
random belly question
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:31pm

You know that funny brown line we get during pregnancy, well I just realized I don't have it this time. I had it with my first three, and it was very dark as I am pretty fair skinned. Was months after my babies were born before going away. Here I am 31 weeks and no line. Just curious how many of us get them, and for BTDT how many of you have had them some pregnancies and not others?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:58pm

I don't have one.  And my belly button is still an innie.  I was actually looking forward to seeing what the inside of my belly button looked liked!  lol Pretty bummed about that one.  I think it must be a mile deep in there!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 2:40pm

My belly button is normally an innie too, but it is pretty much flat now with a little lip. It will definitely be out by delivery though or at least it usually is :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:16pm

I don't ever get the line, but I'm a red-head, so I just assumed that had something to do with it? My innie is still an innie, but stretched :smileyhappy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:39pm
I have had the line with my girls, but not with my son. My belly button always stays in. or at least flat!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:05pm

No line here, I've never had one. I assumed it had to do with my 'casper like' complexion. My belly button is still an innie (always is) but it is normally deeper than my first knuckle and now it just swallows my finger tip. I would be shocked to ever see the bottom of my button ; )

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:12pm
It's funny you should mention it. I didn't have it up until a week ago. I thought I was just going to not have one this time too and all of a sudden, there it is. There's still time, I'm sorry to say.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:38pm

I just got it, but it is really faint and only below my belly button so I only notice it when I look in the mirror. I also have a scar in that area due to surgery so it might just be the scar stretching for me. Like most of you other gals my innie is still an innie. The one thing I am surprised about is that the inside of my belly button is a light brown color while all the skin around it is ghost white so I might get a fairly dark line in the end.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 8:44pm
My bellybutton has been an outie for weeks now. It's not very deep to begin with. I don't have the actual line yet, but my belly button is about 1-2 shades darker than the rest of my belly. It almost looks like I put self tanner on it lol. My belly button got like this with ds too, but I had the line with him.
Pregnancy%20ticker