Shared Your News at Work Yet?

iVillage Member
Shared Your News at Work Yet?
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 8:39am

Have you shared your pregnancy news at work yet? If so, how did it go? If not, when do you plan to share the news?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 9:45am

Ive told a few people at work, mainly because I have a really hard time keeping secrets! LOL I will be telling my boss soon, because I would rather she here it from me, than someone else.... thankfully shes been on vacation, otherwise I would have told her already!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 11:53am

No way.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 12:00pm
I finally broke down and told my boss last week. Only because I was so tired and not feeling up to coming into work these last few weeks. :-( So I figured I needed to at least let him know what was going on with me. He took it great and was very open and said he was willing to work around my schedule and to let him if I needed anything. We have laptops, so we can work from home if needed and they are starting a new work from home schedule where we come into work 2 days and work from home 3 days. So you know I am pushing to get that into place ASAP! :-)

Plus......I am already to the point that I can barely keep my pants closed. I honestly thought it was all in my mind and I coulddn't be like this at 6 weeks....but it is official. I need my first pair of maternity pants and i am going to get this tonight! :-)

Other than my boss, I think I have only told 2 people on my job and both of them know not to say anything...hopefully.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 1:56pm

I do home daycare, but I havent told my families yet. I was going to after my first appointment. Now that I will be 11 weeks then and my 4th pregnancy, I figure I can't wait that long. I don't think I am showing yet, but I am sure I will be by 11 weeks!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 2:07pm
Yes, I am an open book unfortunately and also cannot keep secrets. It is no secret that I am pregnant, word is already getting around. I am okay with it and still pray that all goes well so that I don't have to experience sharing bad newsw...
-Niomi Proud Mommy of Isaiah (5), Alexandria (3) and Expecting 11/2/2012 pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 4:10pm
I haven't. I'm an engineer and work mostly with men. Because of a previous MC, I'm always wary about sharing this information early. My boss is aware, however. Everyone else will, hopefully, be in the dark until around 13 weeks. I say hopefully, because I have a hard time talking about the future projects I have without accidentily implying I won't be doing certain things (i.e. equipmen inspections). I already accidently told a coworker, during casual conversation on a project, that I wouldn't be doing any heavy lifting or climbing around on scaffolding. He just stared at me for a bit and pointedly asked, "Why?" I wish I were a quick thinker... couldn't come up with anything and so he goes, "So are you expecting." I just nodded. So I guess I'm already letting it leak.

Probalby just as well. At the rate I'm swelling up and almost dozing off during meetings, I think I'd prefer everyone start to think I'm pregnant.
Bridget Mommy to an angel baby and two girls, 3 and 2 years old. Joyfully Expecting a November Blessing!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-27-2012 - 10:13pm
I wasn't going to but I got figured out today. One of my other co workers was eating an egg salad sandwich and my face turned green and I looked like I was going to throw up ( I felt like it too). And another coworker pointed to me and said your pregnant aren't you! My face then turned red, so my news is out!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 4:21pm
Oh my! I was just talking with someone who just mentioned an egg and I had to abruptly end the conversation to settle my stomach! Isn't it weird that eggs cause such a response? I had an egg aversion with my other pregnancies, too.
Bridget Mommy to an angel baby and two girls, 3 and 2 years old. Joyfully Expecting a November Blessing!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 5:40pm
Darn eggs outed me!!!! Seriously don't bring eggs around me, even thinking about them turns my stomach!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-28-2012 - 9:42pm
I told one close friend who happens to be a coworker. After my drs appointment I may tell my supervisor, or I may wait til I'm out of my first trimester. We'll see!

Pages