Too close for comfort...

iVillage Member
Too close for comfort...
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 2:04pm

I saw yesterday that the first September baby has arrived via emergency c-section (pre-eclempsia and fetal stress at +33 wks). Now I am starting to freak out, so much to do before baby arrrives. Both my babies arrived pretty much on schedule but it is still scarry. Perhaps it will light a fire under my behind (that would be a miracle in this heat).

Best wishes p&pt to mom and baby who seem to be recovering well!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:03pm

Yep... I almost posted about this yesterday. She's a mommy from another board I'm on. It's scary, but she's doing well, which makes me feel so much better! That would be like us delivering in SEVEN weeks! Can't even imagine! Did you see the pics? She's perfect! Tiny, but beautiful and so much more filled out than I would have expected!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:47pm

I saw that too as I have started reading other EC's birth stories lol. It shows me what can happen though. It is scary for me to think of! Hopefully we don't have any of those on this board!!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:06pm
Theresa - I did see the pictures of her, very cute!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:36pm

I read about it too. It sounds really scary. I hope we all make it to at least 37 weeks.

Margret- I am glad I am not the only one reading the other EC's birth stories. I find them inspiring.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 10:12pm
I read that, too (like all of the other psycho stalkers on on this thread! Ha!) and I immediately thought about how all of us really, really need more time before we start seeing birth stories on our board!

She really is a lovely little baby!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:18pm
I just hopped over there and saw that. It's scary, but I'm glad that mom and baby are doing well! On another November EC that I read occasionally (I don't post, because there are literally thousands of members on that board and I feel lost in the shuffle), they've had a few babies now that were born and and are hanging on in the NICU. It's so scary, and I definitely hope none of us here have to go through that! We need a few more months before we start seeing birth stories here!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:57pm

Just glad I am not the only stalker looking at other boards :smileywink:

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 8:28am

Hey everyone.... I am also from the September board....and Braelynn is doing amazingly well for a 33 weeker! They are hopign she will go home within the next 2 weeks......

The September Board is full of trouble making babies, and most of us are beginning to wonder if we will have August babies instead! Depite my first DD being born at 38.5 weeks and uneventful pregnancy 2 years ago (aside from losing the other two triplets in that PG)....THIS pregnanncy with our DS has been nothing but Trouble! LOL I have been 3cm dilated since 31 weeks....and still holding. This MIGHT be the price I pay for being 40..AND chasing a very active 2 year old while Pregnant. HA!

I went into labor at 26 weeks....and have been to L&D 4 times since with Labor that needed to be stopped. Thankfully, I will be 37 weeks in just a few days. These babies have minds of their own..... and most seem perfectly happy to stay put...despite teasing us and torturing us along the way!

I bet..most of you will have uneventful Pregnancies..... though, this board does tend to remind us that some pregnancies really do have complications and we shouldn't take ANYTHING for granted!!!

I'm keeping my eyes on you all...and wishing you easy-breezy labors and delivery!