Where/How did you and DH meet??

iVillage Member
Where/How did you and DH meet??
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 1:30pm

Where / How did you meet your DH? I cant wait to read everyones stories!!!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 2:12pm

Here is the G version that I will tell my kids when they ask - in retrospect I do not condone any of my actions that summer.

I was 15 and my best friend was dating a drummer so on the last day of school (mid june) we were invited to his house to watch his band play (her bf was 16 but all the other members had just finished 1st year university). I instantly fell head over heels for the front man and his crazy antics (like taking an ac unit outside and setting it up in front of where he was playing). It seems that my crazy antics (like talking to a tree- i'm 'special' thats why my friends all love me) were memorable / adorable because a month later we started dating and will be togethor 16 years this summer (11 years married).

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 4:43pm
I met my SO when I was a freshman in High School and he was a Sophomore. He was the intimidating guy that no one really talked to, but he was wearing a shirt that said "For good luck, rub Buddah's belly" so I ran up to him and rubbed his belly and said "Thanks Buddah I have a chem test" and I passed with an A so for 3 years, we followed that pattern and I never knew his name!
I finally learned his name my Junior year but we only really started talking in 2007, when we met back up in college, and we started dating a year later where we both confessed we had major crushes on each other in high school but didn't think the other one did!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 11:29am
We met online. I chatted with some real "winners" before he winked at me. lol We emailed for a while, finally talked on the phone, then met and had a 4 hour dinner date. After that, we just did the normal dating thing for a little over a year and got married last June.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 11:52am

Wow there are alot of us who met our SO online! My DH and I also met online. Back in January of 2003, one of my good friends and I were in a chat room for college students and he messaged me saying that he really liked my screen name (glorfindel). We talked for about an hour about random stuff and Lord of the Rings (that is what glorfindel is from). In about September of that year I started falling in love with him even though we had never met in person or talked on the phone, but I was dating some one else at the time. The other guy was a verbal abuser, but even though everyone else saw it I didn't so I kept dating the other guy on and off until about may of 2007 (it was more of a sleeping together thing by then not acutally dating). In May of 2007 my DH graduated college (of course I had visited him in college tons of times before then) and finally lived alot closer to me( now he lived 2 hours away instead of 3) so in November of that year I invited his entire family up to my house for Thanksgiving and we started offically datingthe day after that. In fall of 2010 I finally decided to move closer to him and he moved in with me fall of 2011. We just got married in January 2012, and are having our wedding in June!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:26pm

DH and I are high school sweethearts. We met my sophmore year/ his senior year. I was actually dating his friend but DH and I clocked right away. We have been together ever since, together 14 years married for 12.

Photobucket
Happily Married for 12
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:51pm

Dh and I met in summer of '99, right after I graduated high school. He was home on leave from the military, and when we met, we hit it off instantly. He of course had to go back to work, and we spent the next months talking on the phone/online. It just gradually became more serious, and we married about 13 months after knowing each other. We will be married 12 years in August!

Margret

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:56pm

Hi,

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 6:25pm
Well nothing is normal in my crazy life. I met my SO in December, and tomorrow is our 3 months together and I am 8.5 weeks pregnant lol. Talk about fast, I think everyone about shi* their pants. Two weekends ago he proposed!!!... When you know you know. Although we are waiting until next summer to get married, We are extremely excited about being engaged and having a baby. It will be his first. I too have dated\been married to some real "winners" and I beleive in my heart of all hearts that we finally got it right this time. Oh, we met on eharmony....
-Niomi Proud Mommy of Isaiah (5), Alexandria (3) and Expecting 11/2/2012 pregnancy
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 7:15pm

oooh jeaniemum that proposal brought tears to my eyes (darn hormones). That was one of the most romantic proposals I have seen.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 8:11pm

Oh jeaniemum! love the video!!!

DH and I also met online( about 9 years ago on ICQ we knew each other for 4 years before actually meeting up)).... our story is a little more complicated though.... will try and keep it short! lol

Im Australian, and my best friend and I dcided to embark on a UK working holiday in 2007.... stayed in london for a week, before landing jobs in Scotland... waitressing in a hotel.... which I hated.... I stayed for 2 months, then thought screw this Im outta here, didnt have enough money to stay in the UK so I decided to fly to Canada to visit my sister!!! and the first day i arrived, I went online to check my email....and log into msn...

Photobucket

Pages