Whining Wall

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Whining Wall
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 3:07pm

I thought it might be good to just have a thread where we could enter our current whines both pregnancy and nonpregnancy.  We all have things from time to time that don't really need responses, but we just really need to express before we can let them go.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 6:53pm
Boy, I sure can whine today! I was at the OB for 3 1/2 hr Monday doing the GD test, told to cut out the sugar and test my blood 4 x /day. Had to go to the pharmacy for that, they screwed up my insurance, so had to wait until it was fixed. Tuesday I registered my high schooler and middle schooler forschool, it took two tries and about 2 hrs out of my day. And then my two daughters got braces on, so dealing with them learning how to take care of them, and eating a soft diet this week, and their whining. Then today my boys got their wisdom teeth out. One boy is a sweet heart, but is major pain and suffering. The other boy is being an ornery, cussing, stinker and won't take any pain meds or his antibiotic, he just wants everyone to suffer like him. My friend just called to check on me and I burst into tears sobbing. Oh, and I got very little sleep last night because baby kept kicking so hard I couldn't get comfortable, I had to get up 3 times to pee, and my 5 year old was up at 2. My tail bone is killing me today and I am exhausted. See, I am a HUGE whiner today!!!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 6:57pm
Oh, and had to go back to the pharmacy Tues because they had me buy two lancets, so I needed to return one. Then had to go to the pharmacy today and spent an hour and 15 minutes waiting again, with two boys in agony at home.

OK, I think I have covered it all! :/
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 4:53pm
Oh, I could whine about a few things today too! First off, it is HOT! I know, everyone has probably had their fair share of heat this summer, but it's getting old. I'm so ready to get some cooler weather so that I can walk from the house to my car (all of ten feet) without needing a shower. And with being pregnant, it wears me out even more and I feel short of breath all the time. I'm tired of the dang heat. I'm also tired of DH and I never getting to see each other. Between his work schedule, school schedule, clinicals, and my work schedule, we really only see each other in passing usually. Or at night for an hour or so when we're both just flat out exhausted. And the kids are usually in bed and sometimes asleep by the time he gets home at night. I'm thankful that my husband is able to be around some, but I wish we could see more of him and that he could be here for school stuff for the kids and to help me shuttle them around all the time. Thankfully though, he'll be done with school in December, so that will free up some time.

Okay, that's all I'm whining about today. Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more later, ha ha.

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 8:21pm
Yesterday at my midwife I found out that my old ob with ds caused me significant damage to my sphincter because he was running late for a dinner date so he pumped me up with pitocin and cut me from hole to hole to vacuum him out. The vacuum slipped and I then tore also. I had complications for 5 months post partum healing and then I completely pooped myself a year ago. I have been having horrible constipation and diarrhea issues as well as bowel leakage this whole pregnancy. There is nothing I can do to fix it until I am completely done having kids or I will need to have a c-section. Sorry for the FTM that are reading this and freaking out. I think I am the low % chance that this would happen to. I want to file a complaint, but I don't know if I am out of a time frame or if I have the time and energy to deal with it. My dogs have also been extremely bad lately. I really want to find new homes for them, but I know my dh would resent me for it
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 11:00pm
Check the statute of limitations for your state. For most civil complaints - it is two years. Get on it, Momma! That is not cool!!! I had a 4th degree tear with my first and it caused me grief for about three years. I have to eat a certain way, or I basically am miserable. My second delivery was MUCH, MUCH easier. Take care!!

And your dogs probably smell your hormones and are freaking out. Mine aren't being bad, but they are like freaking velcro. And they are both herding breeds. And one weighs almost 100 pounds. It's very interesting trying to get up from the toilet....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 8:03pm
Mostly I'm just fed up with people. It's really time for my kids to go back to school. It's really time for my husband to finish up his remodel project on our old house. And it's really time for this baby to just sit back and grow!!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:28pm
I miss my shoes. You know, the ones that actually look like shoes and not flip flops squished around marshmallows??

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 11:09am
Jen - clip her toenails short. Or take her to the vet and have it done! It will help your yard situation, for sure. We have big dogs, too. If we didn't have the acreage we do, I'd be owned. I haven't been on a run since before I was pregnant! I do walk them from time to time with a big ol' pinch collar on them, but they are pretty well trained on a leash.

I've been getting cramps in my calves. Ugh....COME ON NOVEMBER!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 11:51am

You can sprinkle garlic in the places she likes to dig or moth balls, since the scent keeps them from digging there.  Also, filling water balloons and putting them in the holes then filling the holes can help deter the digging, since she'll get  a not so nice but harmless surprise.  If she's anything like mine, the fresh dirt just always makes her dig in the same spots.  I had to replace the grass in each spot, one at a time, so she'd stop returning.  Also, if there's anyway you can make a sand box (I couldn't do this but I was researching on line and found the sandbox idea.)  Make a sandbox and put toys in there to direct her digging to one spot.  It's super annoying.  My dog ONLY dug up next to the house too. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 1:37pm
I'm back for more whining... My hip, right butt cheek and right leg hurt so bad! I'm guessing it's sciatic nerve pain, I've had it in my previous pregnancies, but never this bad. It starts in the morning, and by the time the end of the day rolls around, I can hardly walk. I love my sweet baby girl, but maybe if she'd shift over to the left side every now and then it would help? Maybe not though, I'm probably just stuck with this for the next few months. About to go lay on my heating pad now and hope for some relief while the little one is sleeping and before I have to go pick the big kids up from school!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

Pages