He's here!

iVillage Member
He's here!
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 10:06am

After a disappointing appt. last Friday when I was told I was still not dilated any, I went into labor the next day, November 3, but contractions were far apart and coming and going all morning.  Then around 3pm, after we took DD to the park for some play time, I started feeling stronger, more painful contractions and closer together.  I told DH I was going to call the doctor and before he could call me back, made my own call to go to L&D because we'd need to drop off DD and a key at our neighbor's house and they were 2-3 minutes apart.  When he called I told him we were on our way in already.  Contractions were already killer by the time we got there and close together.  One nurse checked me and said that I still wasn't dilated, but she'd get someone else to check because she might be mistaken given that I was in so much pain and contractions so close together.  Nurse #2 said 4-5 cm dilated.  I was brought into a L&D room and three hours later (after light epidural and pitocin because contractions slowed down to every 8 minutes after a little while), little Luca came into the world at 6:41pm.  Pushing went pretty well because the epi was so light that I could actually still feel pain and where my tummy muscles were working.  Epi just took a little of the edge off. 

He was born 7 lbs. 15 1/2 oz. with a full head of hair and 20 in. long.  He's such a sweet baby and pretty laid back (compared to my first). 

Photo attached. 

Upload a File: 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 10:25am

LOOK AT ALL OF THAT HAIR!!! He's beautiful!  And he looks just like a "Luca" should look.  Congratulations!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 10:28am
Oh my! He does have a full head of hair! Sooo cute! congratulations!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:08am
What a handsome little guy! Congratulations!

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:48am

Awww!  He's just precious!  Congratulations on the birth of your sweet boy.  Welcome to the world, Luca!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 1:13pm
Thank you for all your kind comments! We are smitten. I think big sis is too. Yes, he has a LOT of hair. That was the first thing the nurses noticed as he started crowning. The doctor was in the cafeteria getting a "quick" snack. Well, baby snuck up on us quicker than he could get back. He did get there in time for me to start pushing, but the nurse had to go retrieve him.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 5:58pm
Wow, that's a quick labor, once it got rolling He is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!