A little late...

iVillage Member
A little late...
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 8:39pm

But Noah Robert is here! He arrived on November 1st at 1:45 am. He was 8 lbs and 12 oz and 20 inches long. I'm so sorry it took so long to update, life has just been CRAZY... and the boards are still nutzoid, but I won't harp on that ;)

On Halloween I went in for my 38 week checkup and my blood pressure was really high, so I got sent over to the hospital for induction... right then. No going home, no nothing. For the first several hours of light contractions, I wasn't progressing very much, and then I went from 4 to 10 in about 20 minutes... all the while, my epidural was n't at all working.

Noah was born and spent about an hour with us before he went to the nursery. By the time I made it up to my room, a lady from the nursery came in to let us know he had been taken to the NICU... and there begins the longest week of our lives. Evidently his lungs weren't as mature as they needed to be and he had developed some kind of infection that took 3 rounds of antibiotics to knock out.

He's FINALLY home now, he was able to come home on Thursday, and he's such a good baby! We're completely in love!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 10:31pm

What a good size for 38 weeks! I'm sorry to hear about his NICU stay but I'm glad that they were able to get rid of that infection and that he's finally home. Congratulations!

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 10:30am

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy!  I'm so glad to hear that he is now home with you and doing well.  Welcome to the world, Noah!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 6:01pm
I'm so sorry about the NICU stay! That's not fun, speaking from experience! I'm glad he is doing well and you both are home now. I love the name Noah! So cute! :)