Very unexpectedly and nervously posting here!

iVillage Member
Very unexpectedly and nervously posting here!
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 5:04am

Hey everyone! My name is Heather, and I just found out that I'm expecting yesterday! This is very unexpected, as DH and I thought we were being super careful and had no chance of getting pregnant. Well surprise, here I am! We have four other kids -- Hannah (9), Keira (6), Tyler (4), and Ethan (16 months).

We were "done" having kids and very happy with our family, but I guess God had other plans for us! My last pregnancy wasn't a smooth one at all, I ended up developing pre-eclampsia towards the end and had a complicated labor & delivery. I also experienced two miscarriages before that pregnancy, one of which was in the second trimester. So I am very nervous this time around, and not completely sure I'm ready for this rollercoaster ride! I'm still in a state of shock, as I had no idea that I was pregnant. But I'm excited nonetheless.

My periods have been a little irregular, so I'm not exactly sure how far along I am, but calculating from my last irregular period and factoring in symptoms, I'm guessing my EDD will be 11/9/12. Will hopefully be able to get to the doctor in a few weeks for confirmation. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and experiencing this journey again!

(Oh, and please excuse the outdated siggy, I haven't been on IVillage for a while, guess I need to change that!)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 8:16am

Heather I am so excited you are here---I sort of hoped there would be another CP Momma but so many people seemed "done"--guess that doesn't always matter hahaha.

Anyway, I can only imagine how nervous you must be but hopefully we'll get through it together, again, with two healthy boys!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 11:03am
Congrats!!!! Welcome to our board!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 11:44am

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36

DD born 10/15/08, Baby #2 due 10/18/10

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 3:57pm

I know, I was so excited to see you here too, Adrienne!! You never know, maybe another CP momma will end up here or in the next EC, I know there are a few trying!

I am definitely nervous, more than I thought I would be since this is so unexpected, but I'm hoping we do get through it with healthy boys...or girls! This baby will be a tie-breaker for us, so a boy or a girl would be just fine with me!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!