Wow - not sure I expected it to happen quite like this!

iVillage Member
Wow - not sure I expected it to happen quite like this!
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 11:24pm
Hi all! I am 35, 4 weeks tomorrow & this is my first! My fiancé, who is 38, and I decided to go about this starting a family business the unconventional way by trying to conceive before we planned a single detail of getting married - including the date. We figured that it would take us awhile given our ages and it only took 2 months! And this month the odds were against us because I went out of the country 3-4 days before I ovulated. But here we are - at nearly 4 weeks - with 2 days worth of positive hcg tests under our belts and I feel like I have been hit by the pregnancy symptom train! Day-long nausea, urinary frequency at night, mild cramping, joint pain, back pain, headache, burping, chills. I'd swear I have the flu. This is not quite how I expected my body to react to pregnancy quite so early! Not sure how much of it to attribute to just differences in every pregnancy and how much to attribute it to being 35.

But anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit over the next 36 weeks - especially if my body continues to be this unhappy and I can't sleep! ;-)

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

Pages

iVillage Member
Congratulations and welcome!

Erin
mama to DD
expecting # 2 11/10/12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Hello!

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the November 2012 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

Welcome.

iVillage Member
Congrats!! Sounds like your baby was ready to join you, hehe. With my DS, TOTALLY described "morning sickess" as feeling like I had the flu--feverish, achy, tired . . . nauseous, yes, but that was like a minor symptom for me...so weird. LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Grats!
iVillage Member

My prenatal pills were the culprit for me - gave me morning sickness before I even conceived! The DHA supplement that came with them didn't make me feel great either - I switched to the whole foods brand and that felt much better.

iVillage Member
Thanks everyone! After that first really rough day & night I've been doing much better. Weird aches and pains still in joints and my legs but the nausea has gotten much better - really just occasionally and mild. I have quite a bit of heartburn though which I didn't expect until later on. All in all I feel pretty good! :-)

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

iVillage Member
I would say this baby was meant to be :O) Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Congrats and welcome!! I have jad quite the nausea, heartburn and headaches, but w my pregs I feel this way all 9 months..
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thank you for that advice. I didn't connect the nausea and DHA supplements! I will try not taking them even though my diet is so poor already because of the nausea. :(
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages