Ugh - Kidney Infection

iVillage Member
Ugh - Kidney Infection
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:23pm

On Friday night, I was laid up with some of the worst pain I have EVER experienced shooting on my right side.  Evenually it passed and turned into a nagging pull on my right side.  I have felt "off" since and I started peeing a crazy amount yesterday.  And I'm generally uncomfortable. 

The doc has decided that it is a kidney/bladder infection and has me on Macrobid for 7 days.  Ugh. 

It might not be so bad BUT I am having regular Braxton Hicks and I am just a little wigged out about being on anitibiotics TWICE in such a short time span (I had Staph about three/four weeks ago). 

Some prayers and calming thoughts/words would be awesome, ladies!!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:14pm
Watch your BH cx- 4 or more an hour you need to call doc. I'm sorry you are going through this, hopefully the infection passes quickly! Good luck!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 10:34am

It's a scary thought. But you're taking care of yourself and your baby.  Infections do not need to wait. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 6:19pm

Oh ick! I'm so sorry! Kidney infections are definitely no fun :smileysad:

Don't worry about the antibiotic. I had to take a doozy of one when I had my blood clot because I also got a skin infection that wouldn't be cleared up with a regular "safe for pregnancy" one. So I ended up having to take an antibiotic for staph + the other antibiotic because they didn't want me to quit taking it halfway through. And all of this was going on while this little guy's EVERYTHING was forming. He's fine, and everything formed perfectly in spite of that, and my Advil & hydrocodone. Plus I've had to take a daily aspirin to keep from clotting again.

I hate taking stuff in pregnancy... It makes me really nervous, but it's usually just fine :smileyhappy: And in your case, it will be!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40