Update on situation

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Update on situation
15
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 8:13pm

I am not getting answers and am stuck in limbo on another week wait with what I was informed of a fairly large subchronic hemorrhage above the sac. They believe they have seen a fetal pole and flicker but they are having difficulties viewing since it is hanging out in the corner of the sac. I am about 2 weeks behind where I should be based on the online EDD calculators. This just isn't going to end good, but here is everything if someone can make sense of it. I can't stand another week wait!

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 11:03pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2012
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 8:00am
(((HUGS))) So sorry to hear that there are no more answers yet, i can only imagine the anxiety it is causing. I know it will be hard to wait another week but i think it is probably the best thing, there are lots of stories of ppl who were told they didn't have viable pregnancies but decided to wait instead of medical intervention and eneded up with healthy babies - they were just behind schedule. It sounds like the technician / dr hasn't given up yet and that is a good sign. I hope your appointment next week shows a healthy little baby. P & PT coming your way.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Registered: 12-18-2007
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:20am

((HUGS)).

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2005
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 8:28pm

First, I want to say I am so sorry you have to go through this. My heart goes out to you and your family in the time of uncertainty. I know all you want is answers and the professionals who you look to to give you those answers don't know, so you are just stuck with all of the what ifs that they are not answering.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 11:22pm

Yes it was vaginal and we clearly saw a spot where there was a flickering for about 5 seconds a white/gray blob and she moved and it went away she couldn't find it again. She said it could just be my heartbeat in the sac or around the sac area because there are blood vessels or something in there. I have not thought to ask if these things labeled as SCH's could be obstructing the view. I have no cramps or bleeding so I don't understand. I am just hoping... Do you think I can ask for a referral to an ultrasound speciality place prior to making decisions on a D&C to gather an expert opinion and technique? Or would this insult them?

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2012
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 8:22am
This may sound cold but I wouldn't worry about insulting them - this is your baby and your life and if you aren't confident in their results then you have a right to another opinion. A D&C is a big decision, I wouldn't want to make that decision on information I wasn't sure was right.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
Avatar for thesunshinekid
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-22-2001
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 11:18am
I agree with Tabatha - don't you DARE worry about insulting them. If you need more proof, you go and get it or tell them they need to offer more. (((hugs)))

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012


iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2005
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 11:35am

I would not care about insulting them. A D&C is a huge decision and if you are not 100% sure about it ask for all the second and third opinions you want until you know it is the right thing for you. All you are looking for is someone who knows exactly what they are looking at and not playing the guessing game with you. You have the right to second guess any doctors opinion.

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-06-2012
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 2:51pm
Sweetie, I am no expert, but I'm going to give you my honest informed opinion. Based on the date you announced your bfp, which unless I m mistaken was on March 9th. Let's say for dating purposes that was an early bfp, and you were 12 days post ovulation. that would give you a conception date of Feb 27th. That would make you 9 weeks 3 days. Now even if you were a few days less along, you would have to have been at least 10 days to get a positive digital test, and thats unlikely. So that means 9 weeks. What I'm trying to say honey is that in all likely hood this is not a viable pregnancy. I'm not at all trying to be unkind. I just know you want answers. Now there are miraculous cases where even at 9 weeks a fetus isn't seen, but that doesn't explain the sac being undersize. If it was me I'd take myself to the ER where they have a good ultrasound machine, and a reliable tech, and insist they check. I suffered a loss at 14 weeks, they did this to me. It was awful. The logic in me knew there was no way based on when I got a positive test but they wouldn't come out and say it, and they kept having me come back. The waiting, and dragging the whole thing out was a nightmare. I'm so incredibly sorry for all you've been through. I wish there was something I could say or do ease any of this for you. Gentle hugs, and prayers for you.
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-13-2012
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 5:27pm

(((hugs)))

Jennifer Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages