Update on situation

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Update on situation
15
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 8:13pm

I am not getting answers and am stuck in limbo on another week wait with what I was informed of a fairly large subchronic hemorrhage above the sac. They believe they have seen a fetal pole and flicker but they are having difficulties viewing since it is hanging out in the corner of the sac. I am about 2 weeks behind where I should be based on the online EDD calculators. This just isn't going to end good, but here is everything if someone can make sense of it. I can't stand another week wait!

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 11:22pm

Yes it was vaginal and we clearly saw a spot where there was a flickering for about 5 seconds a white/gray blob and she moved and it went away she couldn't find it again. She said it could just be my heartbeat in the sac or around the sac area because there are blood vessels or something in there. I have not thought to ask if these things labeled as SCH's could be obstructing the view. I have no cramps or bleeding so I don't understand. I am just hoping... Do you think I can ask for a referral to an ultrasound speciality place prior to making decisions on a D&C to gather an expert opinion and technique? Or would this insult them?

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2005
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 8:28pm

First, I want to say I am so sorry you have to go through this. My heart goes out to you and your family in the time of uncertainty. I know all you want is answers and the professionals who you look to to give you those answers don't know, so you are just stuck with all of the what ifs that they are not answering.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-18-2007
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:20am

((HUGS)).

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2012
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 8:00am
(((HUGS))) So sorry to hear that there are no more answers yet, i can only imagine the anxiety it is causing. I know it will be hard to wait another week but i think it is probably the best thing, there are lots of stories of ppl who were told they didn't have viable pregnancies but decided to wait instead of medical intervention and eneded up with healthy babies - they were just behind schedule. It sounds like the technician / dr hasn't given up yet and that is a good sign. I hope your appointment next week shows a healthy little baby. P & PT coming your way.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 11:03pm

I'm so sorry you're going through this!

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

Pages