Update on situation

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Update on situation
15
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 8:13pm

I am not getting answers and am stuck in limbo on another week wait with what I was informed of a fairly large subchronic hemorrhage above the sac. They believe they have seen a fetal pole and flicker but they are having difficulties viewing since it is hanging out in the corner of the sac. I am about 2 weeks behind where I should be based on the online EDD calculators. This just isn't going to end good, but here is everything if someone can make sense of it. I can't stand another week wait!

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2005
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 11:53pm

Are you still hangingin there alright? Do you have any other updates? When is your next appointment or did you end up seeing someone while you were away? Please KUP!

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2012
Sun, 04-22-2012 - 3:53pm
I hope you find a way to get answers soon - what you are going through is intensely stressful and not good for anyone (that alone should get you an ultrasound in an ER). Please KUP.
You are in my prayers - Tabatha
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-06-2012
Sun, 04-22-2012 - 2:10pm
I agree! If this is a healthy pregnancy then all this stress is bad for you, and if its not you deserve to know. What youre going through is torturious! I hate it for you. Praying you find away to get a second opinion.
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-29-2003
Sun, 04-22-2012 - 9:29am

Go to the emergency and say you have bad cramps,bring all your info with you.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-09-2012
Sun, 04-22-2012 - 5:45am

Do I just go in there and say I want an ultrasound or what do I say to get one from an emergency room? I have had no bleeding or nothing. I am still nauseated off and on with pregnancy symptoms. Its hard finding doctors with my insurance very few take it currently this is a nurse practioner who is seeing me doing ultrasounds. I know she isn't too qualified to be doing this... Do I make up a symptom or something?

SO took me and the children to Washington from CA on vacation this week. He is sick of having me worry and we are scouting it to move here. I have emergency coverage out of state though... He has been wanting to take me someplace for a second opinion. I am even showing... my stomach has popped out. I think it is terrible and unethical making me wait like this she keeps having me wait and isn't giving me answers when I am asking questions. I don't get how the white looking blob in the sac could have my heart beat she didn't doppler it and this last report was really strange from the e-mailed test results. She said there was no yolk, no pole, but a heartbeat and a CRL that is bigger than last week. Sac grew but is still elongated which she says is bad. She hasn't given me pictures either so I can't even scan this stuff...

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-13-2012
Sat, 04-21-2012 - 5:27pm

(((hugs)))

Jennifer Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-06-2012
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 2:51pm
Sweetie, I am no expert, but I'm going to give you my honest informed opinion. Based on the date you announced your bfp, which unless I m mistaken was on March 9th. Let's say for dating purposes that was an early bfp, and you were 12 days post ovulation. that would give you a conception date of Feb 27th. That would make you 9 weeks 3 days. Now even if you were a few days less along, you would have to have been at least 10 days to get a positive digital test, and thats unlikely. So that means 9 weeks. What I'm trying to say honey is that in all likely hood this is not a viable pregnancy. I'm not at all trying to be unkind. I just know you want answers. Now there are miraculous cases where even at 9 weeks a fetus isn't seen, but that doesn't explain the sac being undersize. If it was me I'd take myself to the ER where they have a good ultrasound machine, and a reliable tech, and insist they check. I suffered a loss at 14 weeks, they did this to me. It was awful. The logic in me knew there was no way based on when I got a positive test but they wouldn't come out and say it, and they kept having me come back. The waiting, and dragging the whole thing out was a nightmare. I'm so incredibly sorry for all you've been through. I wish there was something I could say or do ease any of this for you. Gentle hugs, and prayers for you.
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-05-2005
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 11:35am

I would not care about insulting them. A D&C is a huge decision and if you are not 100% sure about it ask for all the second and third opinions you want until you know it is the right thing for you. All you are looking for is someone who knows exactly what they are looking at and not playing the guessing game with you. You have the right to second guess any doctors opinion.

Avatar for thesunshinekid
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-22-2001
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 11:18am
I agree with Tabatha - don't you DARE worry about insulting them. If you need more proof, you go and get it or tell them they need to offer more. (((hugs)))

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012


iVillage Member
Registered: 02-24-2012
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 8:22am
This may sound cold but I wouldn't worry about insulting them - this is your baby and your life and if you aren't confident in their results then you have a right to another opinion. A D&C is a big decision, I wouldn't want to make that decision on information I wasn't sure was right.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!

Pages