12 week Prenatal Testing

iVillage Member
12 week Prenatal Testing
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 2:38pm

My doctor brought it up at my last visit, and since the 12 week testing period is coming up soon I was wondering who is doing 12 week testing? If so, what?

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 5:58pm
I had the NT scan with both of my previous pgs. This time, I have an appt with a genetic counselor on Monday to see if I can get the new blood test (materniT21) instead. It is a much more definitive test than the NT scan.

I agree that you should think about why you want the testing and what you would do with the information. You should also discuss it with your spouse/partner, to ensure you are on the same page. DH and I have discussed it, but we don't have a set plan for if the news is bad. I feel that you can only plan so far and that you won't know exactly how you will feel or decide until you are there. You may think one thing now, but when faced with the actual situation it may change. So, part of what DH and I discussed was flexibility.

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36

DD born 10/15/08, Baby #2 due 10/18/10

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 3:05pm
My DH and I are the same way. We've talked about the "what-ifs" but haven't made any firm conclusions because I just don't think we can know for sure what we'll feel like until we get to that point. At 11 weeks now there is a lot more baby going on in there than I expected there would be (this is my 1st) so the idea of terminating for any reason gets harder and harder as the weeks pass. We shall see!

Image hosting by Photobucket

CL on

Pages