1st prenatal appointment!!! yay!

iVillage Member
1st prenatal appointment!!! yay!
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 3:16pm
My first appointment is March 26th...im pretty excited that I found a great office and. Great doctor. What do you think about ur doctor?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 4:51pm
I love my ob, and my first question to her was if she would do my delivery again. She is pg herself due mid April, but will be back by mid July. Since I'm having a scheduled c-section I don't even have to see the other drs in the practice. Normally they make you see all 4, so you get to know them and they get to know you, that way who over is on call delivers you. I'm super happy this time around will be a little different :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 7:04pm
I love my ob. I can't wait to see him again. He wasn't there for either births (you get whatever doctor is on call at our hospital), but he's still awesome.
I just hope I don't end up with the same dr I had last time I gave birth on the big day. She barely looked at me and told the nurse she was going on a tea break. The nurse tried to stop her, but she didn't listen. Two pushes after the doctor walked out the door, I got to reach down and grab my little boy.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 5:18pm
My doctor has been wonderful. She delivered both of my babies herself (both between 2 and 3 am). She was even there for the entire time I pushed with #1. #2 was so fast we both barely made it to the hospital in time. She said the only time she has missed delivering her own patient was when she was on maternity leave herself.

She's supportive of trying a natural birth and also supportive of epidurals. Very nice and friendly. During my pregnancy, she always called with test results herself, even if they were normal. When I would see the mfm, when she got his report each time, she would call me to make sure I had been told everything and see if I had any questions.

Wonderful!

Tiffa, 35

DH, 36

DD born 10/15/08, Baby #2 due 10/18/10