Anyone else have this fear?

iVillage Member
Anyone else have this fear?
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 9:05am

So, I guess this could be borderline TMI.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:10pm

Me too! I know that it is completly irrational but i can't get my head past it yet - at +11 weeks preg it has been a LONG time. For me it is the knowledge that semen - or more accurately the prostglandins in it - can soften the cervix that holds me back. I'll let go of my irrational fear soon; the danger zone for early pregnancy is done

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 4:56pm

Glad I'm not alone!!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 4:48pm

I have this fear as well, so don't worry you are not alone.

This is definitely TMI: Last night was the first time since I ovulated (yes it had been almost 2 months) we had sex and I was terrified afterward that I would start bleeding. I am personally never in the mood after ovulation and the progesterone in pregnancy is making it 10times worse. Last night was the first night that I was not sick or gassy or hormonally going crazy (I go from being fine to crying over the kitchen being a mess in 5 seconds) and I was starting to feel like a normal person again. My DH started with a foot massage,then did my back, and went from there... He was always asking me if I wanted to stop but it was the first time I was even in the mood in 2 months so I let him keep going.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 12:30pm
Yep. With my son we didn't do anything until 2nd trimester bc I was scared. I had a mc in January so I'm even more scared this time around, and dh says he is too. Hopefully these next 4 weeks fly by, I know it's good for your relationship to dtd and dh is totally supportive, but it's just something that needs to be done.
Pregnancy%20ticker