Beginning of morning sickness?

iVillage Member
Beginning of morning sickness?
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 9:41am

I do not quite have nausea yet, but I have this general feeling of malaise and have no appetite whatsoever.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 10:40am
Could be, its hard to say. I suffered with the same thing while preg with dd#2 except it didn't start till week 13 and lasted the whole pregnancy. It was aweful! I hope this passes quickly for you. Don't worry about weight gain - your baby will get what it needs to grow regardless and I have a 3 yr old to prove it. If you can stomach them I recommend meal suuplements such as boost, I practically lived off them last time. They don't taste great but they do the job.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-16-2012 - 1:02pm
Thanks. Good tip. Nothing really tastes good right now, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a change anyway. :)

It does seem like it's developing into nausea as the day progresses. I had a moment right after I made my DD lunch when I felt the fluid in my mouth start to build up and that I might get sick, but fortunately did not get sick, only felt like I couldn't eat a thing or I would get sick. It is an old familiar feeling that I had back with my DD's pregnancy. The smell of walking by a sandwich shop, for example, would make me feel nauseous, but I never ACTUALLY threw up. So I guess it was mild enough then, but I do miss having a healthy appetite when I feel that way.
Lilypie Maternity tickers