breathing trouble

iVillage Member
breathing trouble
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 7:25am

hello all

im 29 +1 weeks pregnant today and im just wondering if anybody else is having trouble breathing?

i feel like i have an elephant sat on my chest. its not bad all the time but can come on when i am relaxing or when i am walking about. sometimes i have it with chest pain, sometimes not.

anybody else??

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 8:28pm
I've had trouble breathing for a few weeks too. I only have a pain that comes and goes under my right breast (doctor says it's probably my ribs being stretched out and causing pain). But other than that, no chest pains.

Sleeping propped up helps a little with breathing at night, especially if you have any congestion at night as well.

Good luck! Hopefully the chest pains are nothing, but I concur that calling the doctor may be wise.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 5:47pm

I have definatly been having more problems breathing, but I just figure it is a combination of living at 7,000 ft above sea level, the baby pushing my diapham up, and it being allergy season. I sometime have pain in my chest but have also been having really bad heartburn, so I figured that was it. If you are really worried I would ask your doctor about it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 2:06pm
I have definitely been having the shortness of breath too, sometimes with chest pain but usually without. When it happens, I just try my best to find a position that makes it a little easier to breathe, and relax. That's usually easier said than done, though!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 11:30am
Shortness of breath is common for mehowever no chest pain. Perhaps you should give your doc a call for peace of mind.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 11:03am

I'm 29w 5d.  I don't have any chest pain, but it is hard to get my breathe sometimes.  Raising my arms over my head helps.  I just figure my lungs area all squished just like everything else and so my lung capacity is smaller.  But I don't know about chest pains.  Does it accompany indigestion?  I've had some painful heartburn lately. 

Pregnancy%20ticker