Doctor appointment later.. wanting to ask my doctor to move c-section up to this week... what do you think?

iVillage Member
Doctor appointment later.. wanting to ask my doctor to move c-section up to this week... what do you think?
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:13pm

I am positive that my dates are accurate, because we were charting and I know when everything happened, also the baby is measuring very big and long....

Well I am sceduled for a c-section next Thursday, Nov. 8th.. but... I have a severe anxiety disorder as well as PTSD and BPD that comes from childhood abuse... well as soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped me medication that helps me deal with the anxiety which is my biggest problem. I have been doing ok managing things by meditation and such. Well this past 2 weeks, I have not been able to sleep much as all, and for some reason that has set off my anxiety BIG TIME. I am having chest pains from my heart racing, feeling faint and dizzy and then just bad from not being able to sleep. All these things are normal for me WITHOUT my medication.

I am planning to ask my doctor if he could maybe move my c-section up to this week or earlier next week just because I hate feeling like this all the time, it is effecting my life and is making it hard for me to take care of my daughter during the day because every little thing gives me so much anxiety. I feel so on edge and am starting to feel like I could kill over from lack of sleep! Do you think its worth a shot to ask?

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Samantha - I think you have a legitimate concern.  Anxiety is such a beast and the end of pregnancy makes everything more difficult.  Given how late in your pregnancy that your c-section is, you really might have a shot at convincing him to move up your date. 

HOWEVER, if he doesn't.  We're here for you!  You can e-mail or message me privately, or we will all wrap you up with some love!  You don't have to strong arm this!  We can help you by listening and sending our thoughts and prayers!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member

Lots of hugs first of all. I think you should ask for the c-section to be moved up to this week since it is starting to affect you day to day life so much. I have seen first hand how bad anxiety disorders can get and it is not healthy for you or your family to have you like this. When is your doctors appointment? I am wishing you the best until B-day!!!

iVillage Member
Thanks ladies!!! It makes me feel really good knowing I can come here for support! I talked to my doctor at my appointment, and he said he wants me to TRY to hold out until next week. He gave me some new techniques to help me out, but said he wants to try to let the baby stay in as long as possible if he isnt ready to come on his own yet. I cant say I'm THRILLED with waiting another week...but it isnt THAT long from now. My husband is taking our daughter to visit his parents this weekend so we can have some time to relax a little and he came home early from work today, so we are just going to take things day to day until next week. I got some candles and some other things to help me relax so Im going to try warm baths and such in the evenings after our daughter goes to bed to help me sleep some. I think with everything being so close this week will FLY by. My last appointment is on next Wednesday and the next day in the surgery.. so I can do this! :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Samantha, you are a tough cookie.  It sounds like you've been through a great deal and this is testing you.  If you need to vent (even if you think it sounds crazy) COME AND TALK TO US! I know your doc is trying to give your baby the best chance and that's cool, but don't be afraid to sound the alarm. 

I know that you will make it, either way - if he comes early or if you get all the way to d-day!  We're here for you!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
I would definitely ask! Let the doctor know everything you've told us. I would hope that the doctor would at least consider your request. Good luck! KUP!
Lilypie Maternity tickers