Every labor is different

iVillage Member
Every labor is different
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 12:03pm

So last time I told myself I'd go late as a first time mom.  So when things started happening at 37 weeks 4 days, I figured it would stop...nope baby that night.  This time, I've tried to tell myself things will be different, but it hasn't worked.  I'm now 38 weeks 3 days and still pregnant.  I had a few contractions last night that went away when I went to bed.  Frankly, those contractions were more painful than any I had with DD.  I had to concentrate more for those than any I did last time.  This is why I was in no hurry to call people last time and ended up having DD alone.  I guess this one is going to do everything at their own pace ... so I'm bound to have people complaining about when I make calls again.

Of course all this extra time and painful contractions mean less patience with DH.  Not sure if he's going to survive this...and we haven't even gotten to actual labor yet.

Anyone else ready to ask DH to move out until this is over?

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-04-2012 - 2:09pm

I would gladly kick him out if he didn't get the kids out of my hair so regularly....

He's been a saint the last few days.  Well, as much of a saint as a man can be before he's off in the wild blue yonder!

I have never contracted this regularly and not had a baby....my labors have all been decidedly unique!  Just like my kids!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 12:50pm

The asking DH to move out part was SOOOO funny to me! A few weeks ago, my DH was kind of stressed out and not being very nice. He later (after much "talking") let me know that it had just hit him that the baby would be coming soon, our 3 year old had been having horrible temper tantrums every day and telling us she wanted to BE a baby, we had an issue with the car that we THOUGHT was going to cost over $400 to fix ( but it didnt thank God!) and he was just stressed. That week, before he told me what was wrong, I was soooo ready to kick him out and may or may not have mentioned it! But since then. he has been wonderful again. I know he is getting tired of me being so slow and not able to do that much, but he has been very understanding when I am not that nice and trys to help me or cheer me up. So my answer is, I think ill just keep him! lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 12:52pm

The asking DH to move out part was SOOOO funny to me! A few weeks ago, my DH was kind of stressed out and not being very nice. He later (after much "talking") let me know that it had just hit him that the baby would be coming soon, our 3 year old had been having horrible temper tantrums every day and telling us she wanted to BE a baby, we had an issue with the car that we THOUGHT was going to cost over $400 to fix ( but it didnt thank God!) and he was just stressed. That week, before he told me what was wrong, I was soooo ready to kick him out and may or may not have mentioned it! But since then. he has been wonderful again. I know he is getting tired of me being so slow and not able to do that much, but he has been very understanding when I am not that nice and trys to help me or cheer me up. So my answer is, I think ill just keep him! lol

Photobucket