Hello, Insomnia...

iVillage Member
Hello, Insomnia...
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 7:51am

AS IF I need to be losing sleep right now...

For the last few weeks, the short nights have become intermittent nights.  I sleep for about an hour at time before I wake up and can't go back to sleep for quite some time.  I am so tired in the afternoons that I can hardly function!  To make matters worse, my four year old is struggling with all of the change (she starting preschool on Monday and she's seldom been away from me and the baby is coming and she's tripped out) and some yucky tummy issues. 

Just whining mostly, but is anyone else really a little torqued that we're losing sleep BEFORE the baby arrives?!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 9:21am
Well, you can add me to the list of non-sleepers too. I am just so darn uncomfortable! I usually fall asleep just fine, but I'm up all throughout the night because my back hurts or my stomach hurts, or I've got heartburn, or I can't breathe. Even sleeping with a gazillion pillows isn't helping much. I'm guessing it's only going to get worse in the coming weeks. But I'm taking comfort in knowing that in only ten weeks, this little one will be here and maybe then I can make DH take over so I can get some rest!!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 7:28am

Ugh!!  I just had to add that last night, I slept from 9:30-1:30am, then woke up and could not sleep again until 4:30am.  My DD woke me up at 5:45am.  I let her watch TV so I could get some more shut eye for a little while and fell asleep for another 30 minutes before she woke me up again for breakfast.  I'm going to be hurting today... 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 7:50pm
Yes! I'm so tired all day long. Then I lie down to try to nap during the day whenever I can (when DD is at school or the rare days that she naps) and I cannot get to sleep. It's really wearing on me. Luca starts kicking and I feel so out of breath that I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. It's so irritating. I fall asleep pretty easily at night, but when my DH comes to bed (he goes to bed later), he wakes me up and then I can be up for a while. Then DD has been waking up between 5 and 5:30am, so I can't really sleep in either. ugh!! Oh well. Better get used to it, I guess.
Lilypie Maternity tickers