I have a baby in my diaphragm

iVillage Member
I have a baby in my diaphragm
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 9:07pm

Just like the title suggests we have figured out the reason I can't breath, am vomiting, and have horrible heartburn. After a few minutes of searching we found the heartbeat right under my diaphragm on my right side. My lo has decided since the placenta is in the way of her exit path she is going to get far away from it. So, the doc has suggested me taking Zantac 150 at night along with Allegra D 24 hour to see if that helps any. No it will not really cure all the breathing problems, but if my seasonal allergies are controlled I might just be able to sleep at night without coughing. She also thinks the postnasal drip are why I am vomiting and having heartburn. FX'ed that this works because I don't think I could stand another night of coughing, shortness of breath, vomiting, and heartburn so bad you would think it was something worse. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 10:41pm

Thanks everyone for the concern. It has been better on the meds since I can now breath without the coughing and the heartburn has calmed down on the meds. It is not gone 100% but I can sleep through the night without waking up except for the needing to reposition myself (just the normal pregnancy aches because of the added weight). Hopefully I can make it 7 more weeks without any major problems!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 12:51pm
Ugh, that sounds just terrible! I hope the medications can give you some relief until she decides to make her way on down!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:23am
Oh my! That sounds awful. And here I was complaining about just not being able to breathe very well a couple of weeks ago and it keeping me awake. It's actually gotten easier in the last week for me and I've felt a lot of movement down low in my pelvis, so wondering if my boy is starting to descend down now that we're getting closer. Lightening can be felt in the 33rd week apparently. So, I'm close.

I hope your prescriptions help you get some good sleep and stop the vomiting and heartburn. HUGS!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 9:00am
Bless your heart, honey!!! That is miserable. Hopefully, you'll get some relief from the meds or that little girl will decide to hang out and make friends with the placenta!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 7:51am
That sounds horrible, I hope the meds help make it manageable! First babies like to hang out higher than their siblings (at least that was my experience) - perhaps she will move down some in a few weeks and you will get some real relief. Take Care!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!