Let's talk poop! ;)

iVillage Member
Let's talk poop! ;)
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 8:59am

In the spirit of TMI, I just wanted to know how everyone's bowels are doing? I have experienced more bowel issues in the last 2 weeks than I have in the previous 10 years. Is this normal? I don't recall this problem in my first pregnancy. I'm all over the place. Sometimes I'm going 3,4,5 times/day and then I can't manage one for 2-3 days. Also, in the last couple of days, I feel some hard "bumps" in my stomach when I lie down and press on it. Is this poop? Two night ago, and yesterday morning, I was having cramping (not the uterine kind), I thought for sure that a bout of diarrhea was on its way, but alas, nothing. I bought some Dan Active at the market yesterday. I contine to consume large amounts of water and fiber. Anyone have any insight or suggestions? Any thoughts on probiotic supplements? I'm bloated and gassy and uncomfortable and would just like to return to some regularity. Is this a pipe dream? Thanks, ladies!!

-Rachel

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 9:58am
Pregnancy for me means lots and lots of loose stool. Dr's are never concerened (not bad enough to cause dehydration). I consider myself lucky to not be constipated.

Lots of water and high fiberfoods (raisins, dried apricots, apples, etc.) is the best you can do. Fyi my dr told me once that all bran cereal is great for both constipation and diarrehea!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 2:20am
Omg girl, I'm dying with all the diarhea i've had the past few days. I'm pooping so many times a day, it's rediculous.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 12:24am
My first sign of pregnancy was stomach flu symptoms. Since then I have been so gassy. I have been burping a ton to! I have had the weird feeling in my intestinal area to. I never felt this way in any other pregnancies.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 1:00am
Just like with my first, I'm starting off with constipation! Those prenatals get me every time! I'm increasing my fiber now so that I don't get blocked up like I did last time.......last time it involved a rubber glove and finger b/c the enema couldn't even get in!! (there you go for TMI!!! haha!!)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 8:34am
mldombro - You poor lady! Another reason why I don't mind diarrhea during pregnancy...
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 10:43am
Oh my gosh it was AWFUL!!!! I had realized that it had been about a week and half since I'd gone! I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it this time!
Photobucket