near fainting? Anyone else?

iVillage Member
near fainting? Anyone else?
Mon, 07-23-2012 - 11:00am

Luckily, DH hadn't gone to work yet. But I was feeling kind of funny.  So I laid down with my feet elevated.  He checked me out and was like well, your color is good and you feel okay.  Then, after laying there for about 5 minutes, it felt like I was going to need to burp or throw up.  lol  It was like that gastric reflux feeling in my throat and I wanted to sit up. DH helped me sit up, mistake ...woosh.  Head rush, dizzy, sick, ringing in ears, hot flash, sweaty instantly, I said I couldn't decide what I felt like, vomiting, diarrhea or passing out.  I had all the feelings at once. So, I opted to lay back down with my feet elevated again.  He said, now, you look flushed.  The ringing in my ears changed and sounded different and I thought maybe it was on tv, but it wasn't, of course.  So, I just laid there until the ringing stopped and things calmed down.  I didn't panic or anything and tried to keep my breathing steady for Lily.  I knew that I needed to go to the bathroom and it almost felt like the IBS attacks I've had before, where once I go to the bathroom, I'm better.  Also, I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday, so that could have been playing a part too.  Anyway, I started to have another dizzy attack when we moved the pillows out from under my feet.  We put them back.  Then, I said when this passes, I just need to go to the bathroom.  So, it passed and I did.  And now, I'm weak still, but no more feeling yucky.  I had some cantaloupe and am guzzling water.  Man, that was rough and scary.  I really don't think I need to call the doctor, maybe if it happens again or something.  But I know it can be brought on by not drinking enough water, which I didn't do yesterday.  And I've felt that way, though not as severe, in the past with bathroom issues.  Also, I shouldn't have tried to get up so fast.  So.....  I'm thinking just drink water, take it easy and if I have any more, then call the doctor. I mean, it was one dizzy episode, which dizziness it common, right.  And I feel fine now.  And Lily's been moving around too.  I felt better when I felt her moving.  Hopefully she didn't feel much of it. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 2:43pm
FIrstly, your baby is TOTALLY FINE so don't worry about that.  I think being dehydrated might have been a big part of it.
Another question is whether you ate a lot of sugar before you went to bed?  For me if I eat too much sugar throughout the day and especially before bed it can definitely cause dizziness and near fainting--esp when I stand up or move too suddenly.  
I was on a sugar-free diet (except fresh fruit) for awhile (this is when I wasn't even pregnant) and when I finally broke it one night and ate a bunch of ice cream and cookies before bed I woke up HONESTLY feeling hungover.  Nauseous, headache, dizzy, didn't want to be touched, couldn't get out of bed.  We forget what a drug sugar is but it can affect our blood alcohol level as much and sometimes more than drinking can!
So maybe this wasn't what caused it for you but it's what does it for me and what I thought of when I read your post!  Hopefully you have felt aokay since then.  (((HUGS)))
Photobucket