NEVER Google stuff!!!

iVillage Member
NEVER Google stuff!!!
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 11:37am

Ugh! 

Evening time is this little guy's most active time of the day... always has been. Without fail, every night, when I sit down to watch TV, he wiggles and squirms all over the place. Well, by 10:45, I still hadn't felt him move at all.... then he gets the hiccups. Not regular, short, belly moving huccups, but what felt more like a slow heartbeat through his back. They lasted for 15-20 minutes, and there were no other movements with them. I kinda remembered reading that long lasting hiccups could be a symptom of something horrible, so I googled it. Turns out, some people say cord compression, so I FREAKED OUT! He finally started moving, but I had myself convinced that he was struggling in there. 

I laid down in bed, and his movements got a little closer to normal, so I fell asleep & woke up at 4:30. I realized that I hadn't felt him move all night, so I got up and went to the bathroom and laid back down... still no movement. Took a shower, and laid back down and felt 2 teeny little kicks. So I got up and ate breakfast and 30 minuted later, he was giving me my 10+ kicks :smileyhappy: I still called the nurse because they were smaller kicks than what I was used to from him.... my nurse ultimately (after I gave her the whole story) thought I was crazy. She said to never, ever google anything, and that if I absolutely felt the need to look something up, I needed to use Webmd only... I agree :smileyvery-happy: Now he's moving just like normal.... I'm SO ready for November!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 2:30pm

I do that a lot! LoL

Im in school to be a nurse practioner, sometimes ill remember stuff from class and feel a little freaked out, my doctor told me that the baby will be moving a little less now because he is so big and has less room, still makes me feel a little nervious whenever he doesnt seem to be very active!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 10:18am
mandmleona wrote:

Yeah, the internet can be a land of worst case scenarios.  I learned to be very careful on what sites I would read.  I like the Mayo Clinic site.

Yeah, the Mayo Clinic is another good one. I think it's the message boards that are the worst! Not this one though, of course :smileywink:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 10:46am
agreed on the message boards - DO NOT READ THE MESSAGE BOARDS!!! It's like a congregation of "worst scenario ever" people!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012