New Pain

iVillage Member
New Pain
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 10:57am

I'm having a new pain. (Some of this is carry over from the whine and cheese thread)  I did ask the doc about it Tuesday and she said it's normal and that I'll start feeling my pelvis shift more as well...there will be lots of new stuff happening.  And then she went over the trouble signs and when to come in.  :)  They really want that covered it seems. I don't to freak out and probably wouldn't have even asked, but DH wanted too.  I may be too laid back.  If I don't have any cramping, bleeding or contraction type things, I just dismiss it as, eh..probably normal.  lol 

It feels like something up inside my vagina is being pressed on, I'm not real sure what. It doesn't last long when it happens.  I don't know if Lily is hitting something that causes it or if her head (which is down) is putting pressure on my cervix causing some dialation.  Or if it's something more related to my urinary tract, since it happens before or after I pee, when it happens.  It doesn't happen daily.  Doesn't happen when sitting. Is not predictable.  It does make me stop talking, but not because of the pain, but because it's so sudden and I'm trying to pay attenetion to it and what's happening. And if it happens when walking, I want to stop walking because it feels like there's something there and that I need to waddle extra. lol  It does it for just a few seconds and stops. It's very locatlized to whatever it is.  The size of the area that hurts (feels more like a tenderness) is very small, about the size of a nickle.  Any ideas?  Do you guys have it?  I feel like it's my cervix I don't want it to be dialation related. Or maybe Lily is just hitting a spot at times? If it were dialation happening, would I see any other signs like bleeding or BH, contrax?  

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: coconutbread
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:09am

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Lightening Crotch. 

I'm not kidding.  For some it's a tingle.  For some it's pressure.  For some it's like a little electric shock that makes you twitch like a dying bug.  I'm the latter.  I've been having it for a few weeks now.  It could be the baby pressing on nerves or prep for dilation ( DON'T FREAK OUT - you could walk around at 5cm for weeks, seriously) or just plain a pain in your not-quite-butt. 

It sounds pretty normal and pretty inconvenient!  I'd certainly bring it up with your doc, but I'm almost positive you have good ol' LC.  Just be glad it isn't follwed by thunder!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:11pm
The other day I bent down to vacuum the baseboards and I got what felt like stabbing pain in my cervical area. It was very brief but it caught me off guard and I got a little concerned! Told my doc and she agreed that it was most likely the baby's head putting pressure on the cervix. She said my cervix is very sensitive and has lots of nerves to hit. Sounds similar to your pain and is probably normal.

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:21pm
I have it also. Though mine happens ALL THE TIME! I am starting to dialate and baby is really low, so I figure that's why I am dealing with it so much this time around.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 2:20pm

Thanks ya'll!  I had what I thought you guys were talking about being LC about 2 weeks ago.  It caused me to jump out of the chair DH was like are you okay?  lol  He gave me that look of don't do that again. I think it scared him as much as it did me.  I said believe me, if I could avoid that I would!  When that happened, I got on my hands and knees to relieve the pressure and hopefully move her somewhere else.  That felt like a good hard punch to my vagina.  It hurt.  So maybe since she's bigger now, this is the same thing, but in a different place.  I've not had that other feeling since this new one started.  I remember telling DH that you guys had talked about it and ya'll weren't kidding!  lol 

The doctor said it was normal.  I thought I was getting the Group B test and figured if I was dialated, then I'd know.  But since I was 34w6d, they are waiting.  They like you to be 35 weeks and even though I was just one day early, they didnt want to do it.  So, I'm anxious for 2 weeks to get here so I can see if I am dialated.  And the rational side of my brain knows that I could be dialated for weeks and no labor, but I'll just feel so much better if I'm not dialated at all when DH goes on his trip.  lol  Then there's those stories of when women going into labor and they hadn't been dialated at all.  I just wish he wasn't going to a stupid training thing!    

Pregnancy%20ticker