Not sure I belong here ..... So Confused!

iVillage Member
Not sure I belong here ..... So Confused!
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 3:25pm

Hi all!

First let me say that I am married and have 2 beautiful daughters. We thought our family was complete. I sold/donated ALL our baby stuff last year and in January of this year I clean out my closet and got rid of all my maternity clothes.

Fast forward to March. I was sick with cold/allergies, I realized towards the end of the month that I never got my period.:smileysurprised:

I took a home pg test and it was positive. I stopped taking all meds (over the counter cold meds) then, once the shock wore off I called to make my first ob appt. The next day I started spotting, then bleeding heavily, even lasted 7 days just like my reg period. I canceled my appt, sure I was having an early

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 3:05pm
Hi,
How did your appt go today?
Tabatha
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 8:14pm

You could have been pregnant with multiples and have miscarried one and still be pregnant with the other. I would definatly have your OB date the pregnancy on Friday, they can tell lots of stuff the the U/S now a days.

I would not worry about the medicines and antibiotics. Most antibiotics are safe during pregancy as are most cold medicines.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 6:06pm
Hello and welcome!
I have heard alot of stories of women not realizing they were pregnant because they were still having what they thought were regular periods but i have never experienced this myself. Hopefully your ob will send you for a dating ultrasound to find out your due date.
I wouldn't worry about the other stuff - our beans are resilient creatures - but definately let your ob know and avoid the meds now that you know.

Congratulations!!! Hope you have a h&h 9 mos.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-17-2012 - 3:48pm
I am now, it's starting to taper off but 2 u/s confirm I'm still pregnant. I'm sure this early one you should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to tell your OB. Congratulations!