iVillage Member
Nutrition
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 6:21am

What are you eating?

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: hopeful4all
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 7:06am
I made sure I have lots of fresh veggies and fruit in my house. I try to wash and per-cut as much as I can do I can just grab when I need a little snack. With my last pregnancy, and this one too do far, I favor mushrooms, melons and cucumbers. Always have plenty of those.
Jen
Wife to Steve
Mommy to Chase (5) and Jasper (1)
Step Mom to Elizabeth (12) and Christian (10) pregnant
iVillage Member
In reply to: hopeful4all
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:03am

Right now my nutrition consists of what I can manage to stomach! Reading your post actually made me nauseous - sorry. I will worry more about my intake once the queasiness / morning sickness passes. It seems that you are doing a decent job, like jenben said don't overlook fruits and vegs... We are allowed ALOT of them and most people don't get nearly enough in their diet. Carrot sticks, cucumber slices, salad, peppers, apple slices, etc. Are easy to have ready in the fridge to grab as a snack anytime. Another of my favs is hummus (if you can handle the garlic) it is awesome tasty low fat protein! Great on pita or crackers perhaps with some pickles or cheese (I am allergic to dairy but I sooo want some cheese and yogurt - there aren't any good substitutes!)

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!