Painful kicks already?!

iVillage Member
Painful kicks already?!
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 7:27pm

Okay, so I am at the head of the group here at almost 26 weeks but seriously already?  I am crying out OUCH all the time now when he is awake!

I'm getting nervous because I wasn't on a totally gluten-free diet with my DS, and he was still 8.5 lbs and 23.5 inches long--since I have a gluten sensitivity I can assume that he was slightly growth restricted, so this one might be bigger--especially weigh more.

And while I have zero concerns about BIRTHING a bigger baby I'm honestly scared to death of CARRYING a bigger baby.  The last month of my son's pregnancy was seriously hell for me.  His LONG legs stretched from one side of my belly and his hard little butt was pressed up against the other side--his head pressed down hard on my cervix and he even had a little hand down there twanging my leg nerves painfully . . . and I basically was MISERABLE the last month.  There was NOTHING I could do to stay comfortable.  There was no comfortable position to sit, stand, or lay in.  I would have to take a LONG HOT BATH EVERY SINGLE NIGHT in order to relax my sore muscles enough to fall asleep.  Some nights I had to sleep on an ice pack to deal with the back pain.  During the last week I actually slept with one of DH's belts around my ribs.  While on the one hand this was painful, it actually relieved the pressure enough from my ribcage being pulled open that it was more comfortable for me . . . and during the day was no better.  I was too exhausted to do anything and yet trying to sit or lay down was like torture.  Ahhhhhhhhhh

I'm just very scared at the idea of a bigger baby, and in fact I'm just dreading the end of the pregnancy misery in general.  And the fact that I'm ALREADY GETTING KICKED PAINFULLY does NOT help to set my mind at ease.   :*(

Is anyone else already getting uncomfortable kicks or feeling uncomfortably large or is it just me?  Meeeeeh

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:32pm
I am so with you! I have been having painful kicks for a while. This kid is practicing for the 2032 Olympic soccer team already. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in September and October. I am already so uncomfortable and feel so huge.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 6:23pm
This guy has been bad for weeks!!! I am so scared of what is coming. Neither of my girls were like this at all however my second did like to stretch from fetal position to straight out and then back into fetal which was not pleasant either. Surprising that she could still manage to do that at almost 40 weeks!!!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 10:28pm

I have a super long torso, too, Leona, and I carried low with DS and again with this one . . . but by the end (and I went RIGHT to the end--40.5 weeks) with a two foot long baby, it didn't seem to matter!

That is so freaking cute about the chime necklace though!  Mine don't seem to be that amenable--they are stubborn as all heck in terms of position and both Jamey and this one have been in the EXACT same position for the entire time.  Even flipped around the same time---butt on the same side, legs on the same side . . . even when they were smaller they were both tranverse with head on the right and legs on the left.  Funny brothers.

But in the "good news" front the painful kicks seems to have improved for the moment.  Yaaaay.  But I think tomorrow I'm officially in the third trimester so I'm sure I'll be complaining again in no time hahah

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 7:49pm
DS was a 22.5 inch long beanpole with legs for days. I thought I was going to die. I delivered him at 36w and I can't imagine how big he would have been had I gone longer than that!
If it's any consolation, second babies tend to carry lower (I always do) and your muscles already know the drill. I hope this one isn't as bad! I'm always SUPER MISERABLE at the end, too. I'm majorly short-waisted and I can't breathe and I always have to pee. And my butt goes numb. So, so awesome.
Painful kicks? Not here yet - but when this girl turns (AND SHE WILL TURN, DANGIT), I'm in for it.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 7:38pm

I'll be 25 weeks on Tuesday, and it hasn't really hurt yet, but I have had some uncomfortable kicks. I have big babies though, so I won't be surprised for him to be 10 lbs. :-)

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40