Question about dropping

iVillage Member
Question about dropping
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 3:28pm

So, I know that babies can drop any time and it can be during labor or weeks before.  But what I can't seem to find out is, can this be a gradual thing?  I feel like Lily is dropping.  There seems to be more room between by belly and breasts and her kicks are lower on my ribs than before.  But she could just be laying differently or something and I'm sure her legs are a little longer than before so maybe they're reaching a different area.  She's not low in my pelvis yet, but I was just wondering if this might be a slow process?

And maybe I'm the only one still here.  :-)  I think everyone else is off having babies!  It's quiet around here.  I guess it's all the changes to the board.  Mine is really slow, but most of the time I'm able to post when and where I want. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 4:46pm
I'm still around, no baby yet! This baby has been "dropping" for a while now. She is so low right now that I can hardly walk with out a major waddle. With my first, I just dropped two weeks before delivery. And that was it. With my second, it was a little more gradual. I think it's all individualized and different. Do you facebook?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 5:48pm

Okay.  I couldn't tell if she was just laying different or if baby she was just making her descent to the runway and it might take time.  So, I guess, yeah, she's heading in that direction and taking her time. 

Yep.  I facebook. Is that where everyone ran off to.  lol

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 7:04pm
I pop in from time to time but got out of the habit when I couldn't login or read replies. It is harder to use a computer with a newborn than it is to pop on my cellphone but the mobile interface for iv isn't ready yet :( With this guy and my last dd they both dropped pretty much at 32 weeks - she was born on her due date and he was born at 39 weeks. Also with this guy he would drop down really low some days and others he would float up under my ribs. In fact the last week he floated up so high it was aweful! Dh and I joked that he was up so high because the previous week - when he was firmly against my cervix - I had ALOT of pre-labour contractions and he didn't like it!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 10:01pm

Amanda started a group over there - it's pretty busy most days - She has a thread up top with her contact info! Probably worth checking out!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 9:06am

I just wasn't sure if it was an all at once kind of thing or if might happen over time.  She seems to be slowly getting lower.  But I don't know, it could just be that she's laying differently.   

So he had found the contraction/self-eject button and was not ready for it yet.  lol

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 9:10am

Ah.  Okay.  I didn't realize that was for a group thing.  Thanks!

Pregnancy%20ticker