Very faint positive on a test from Saveontests that appeared instantly? Squinty Anticipation.

iVillage Member
Very faint positive on a test from Saveontests that appeared instantly? Squinty Anticipation.
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 9:13am

I have irregular cycles and I am on day 29-30 atm of usually 28-35's. LMP was on the evening of 2/9. I am 28 and still nursing my 2year old DD which helps make 'em whacky. I got my postpartum period in December 2011, lol or over 2 years after she was born.

Anyways I DTD on 2/22, 2/24, and 2/26. I wasn't aiming to get pregnant (it was my birthday week we were celebrating lol) but I feel crampy and off with off dreams about being pregnant. I took a cheapie test I saw the faint line immediatley and it stayed after drying. I repeated on another cheapie and the same result.

Should I call in for a blood test or wait for a few more days for a darker line? Can anyone else see the line with my bad camera that doesn't zoom good? Am I going nuts? lol

iVillage Member

I used the lens/camera body that is on my boyfriend's Sony a33 DSLR it doesn't zoom good but it picked up more detail than my cellphone. I hope I am not going mad but I see the line esp. the middle one. But then the cramps are there feels like my period is coming. I made a doctor appointment with my primary on Monday I had to go anyways for my annual exam so I figured mention this if I still haven't started even though it feels like I am about to!

iVillage Member

Here are tests starting late night on 2/8 where hardly I could see it up to this afternoon where it appears darker.

iVillage Member

I took another test after a 4 hour nap with my daughter and used FMU. The line was there and pink still faint but more apparent but there. I also looked at the old test and I could see the dried red/pink so it isn't gray it is pink. I am having lots of cramping though like AF will be coming anytime now. It is either 2 days late or a few days before it since I am a little out of whack with my periods they never happen exact on day 28 or 35 but someplace inbetween. I will try to take another photo, my camera isn't set up for zoom with the lens so it is hard to capture zoom. I have about 5-6 more cheapies left if this trend continues I am going to pick up a store test. I think I have to go to Target today for some items, so I will get one then. IDK how I will break this news if so it will be very unexpected. Dang my birthday weekend had too much fun if so! I will keep ya'll posted.

iVillage Member
Looks positive to me too! My 1st test was pretty like they the later one was darker.

Congrats!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
That looks positive to me. Congratulations!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member

I definatly see a line. It looks about the same as my first one. I would double check with a FRER to make sure, but I do see it too. I found that even the cheap ones are pretty sensitive. When I first got a line my beta was 12.6, much lower than the 25 the tests say they measure for.

iVillage Member
A line's a line, right?!! :) Usually those cheap tests you need a higher concentration of hcg in your urine for the test to pick it up. I would run out & get a FRER just to validate :) Good luck to you!! Keep us posted!
Photobucket