What's happenin?

iVillage Member
What's happenin?
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 8:46pm

Kay we are at the end! What's happenenin? Braxton Hicks? Real deals? Mucus plugs? Any concerns? Anyone looking at stuff to get labors going naturally, should you go over due? Like castor oil etc.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 7:08pm

Lost some of my plug on Tuesday and the baby dropped on Wednesday.  Contractions are few and very far between.  I'm now 5 days past when my DD was born, so everyday is a bit of a surprise to me.  After my first came full term, but early, I expected this one to do the same.  This one seems much more patient than my DD was so, I'm trying to be too. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 1:56pm

I have a head cold and I don't want to push a baby out with a head cold...but I have been having a ton of watery discharge and plenty of contractions (just not regular enough).  I am drinking red raspberry leaf tea and taking evening primrose oil - but that's about all I'm doing to get this show on the road right now. 

I was 2 cm dilated on Tuesday.  I don't go back until next Thursday.  The doc thinks she'll show up sooner rather than later based on how my body is acting.  I hope he's right!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 3:00pm

I had some braxton hicks last week and over the weekend. Really figured at my dr. appointment this week there would be some change. But I am only 50% effaced and maybe 1cm dilated which was the same as when she check 2 weeks ago.

My last daughter came at 39 weeks so its all a waiting game now:)  I have been extremely tired this week. Going back to bed after the kids are off to school.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 1:02pm
I had a lot of BH contractions on Tuesday afternoon through the evening- more than 5 hours straight of contractions that were sometimes 5-6 minutes apart, sometimes 3-4 minutes apart. But since that evening, I've not had many and nothing regular like that evening. The contractions did nothing for me. My doctor told me I'm still 70% and no dilation (maybe1/2 a fingertip, but that's it). Baby is not moving much though, but I have another appointment tomorrow because he didn't do well at his NST yesterday. We will see if anything changes tomorrow morning. However, my friend who was due 5 days before me just had her baby boy. She was bleeding, contracting regularly and not dilated at all in the morning yesterday, was sent home, but quickly went to 10cm by the evening and pushed for 40 minutes and he was out (no epidural). This was her first baby, too.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 12:01pm

Absolutely nothing is happening with me.  And that's okay for now!  :)  My EDD is the 21st so, I don't expect too much to be happening and really prefer it that way until DH gets back from his work trip.  Then, things can happen.  I told him last night when he gets back...it's ON! But he didn't much like that idea.  lol  He doesn't want to do something to cause her to come early.  Ugh.  Which I don't want her to come too early either, but if things were set in motion and she was ready to pop on out...I'll be ready for her to pop away!  ha!  Of course, she doesn't have a calendar in there..so... who knows really. That's part of the fun. She'll just surprise us!

And my doctor gave me the option yesterday of being checked or not being checked.  Given that it's really no indication one way or the other anyway, I opted out.  Sure, part of me is curious, but the other part of me was like...ya know...some women cramp and junk after the exam and if it's not necessary, my curiosity can just wait.  I'm sure they'll check me in the next 2 weeks regardless...but maybe not.  The fewer times I have go through all that the better in my book.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 9:54am

The last 24 hours I've been having tons of BH, tons of low crampy feeling, and tons of low pressure.  And I haven't been doing anything to stop them, so I'm hoping I go into labor the next couple days.  I don't do anything special to get labor going, I have to prevent labor for so long that I just resume normal activities and usually go into labor within a few days.

Good luck everyone!  Here we go on the final loop of the pregnancy roller coaster!