Where did my muscle tone go?

iVillage Member
Where did my muscle tone go?
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 12:50am

It seems like as soon as I got that BFP the muscles in my legs and arms went to jelly. I have tons of cellulite on my thighs now and almost no muscle tone. Before pregnancy my thighs and calves were always pretty firm because I walk a lot. Now they're just squishy! I'm finding it harder and harder to maintain the same activity level and it often feels like I'm trudging through mud. This was even before my belly started getting in the way of things.

Anyone else feel like they've lost their muscle power?

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:49pm
I was just going to say, Maybe your muscle tone ran away with mine!! We should send out a search party!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:02pm
Thanks for bringing this up! I couldn't figure out why I got so 'soft' either thought it was just me! :smileyhappy:
href="http://lilypie.com/"> 

preview image

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:58am

I am most definetly one of those women who fills out or softens up when I'm pregnant.  I don't much care for it, but usually, I'm back up and working out or running within six weeks.  I usually am almost totally physically unable to work out beyond walking or other very light movement while I'm pregnant.  I just get too uncomfortable and swollen with tons of activity.

I'm not going to promise that everything goes right back to normal - but it does get much more normal after these sweet babies are here!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 9:37am

Oh yeah! I was losing weight when I got pregnant, so I was exercising at least some. I didn't have a lot of tone, but I didn't look pelted either!

Now.... OMGoodness! I have cellulite from my butt down to my knees, and my upper arms are total squish. Not attractive :smileyvery-happy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40