You Know You're Really, REALLY Pregnant When....

iVillage Member
You Know You're Really, REALLY Pregnant When....
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 5:38pm

(and these are just in the last 24 hours)

Your husband says something sort of smart and you start to cry and refuse to finish making breakfast.  Only to retreat to your shared bedroom, put on your make up and go back and make his stupid eggs. 

Your husband is taking you to dinner (YAY!!) and you start getting ready hours in advance because you move slower than ever. 

You decide to paint your toenails, but realize it's a silly effort because your toes look like sausages and your feet look like hoagie rolls. 

You walk into your closet to pull out something "nicer than usual" to wear to dinner (DH is in a suit today - can't show up in a tank top and shorts...) and about lose it because you miss your cute clothes.  You proceed to reach for the nearest "nice" maternity shirt and some black pants. 

And then you curse outloud because it's all black and it's 100 degrees outside. 

And that's my day so far....This could go on and on and on....

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Ha ha, I can totally relate!

Mine lately has been the fact that I've resorted to wearing flip flops and slip on ballet flats for the sole reason that reaching my feet to tie, buckle, or zip any other kind of shoe is a lost cause (and depressing too!)

Gotta love pregnancy! :-)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member

Yeah.  I've been having these moments a lot lately...but I can't remember ANY of them.  So...

When you forget...everything.  all the time.  I think I just forgot my chiropractor appointment.  It was either today or Thursday and I was going to call and ask.  I forgot to call.  The appointment would have been almost an hour ago now.  Ugh. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

When your huband helps you shave your legs because it is to hard for you to do it and he doesnt want them to be hairy!

When you have to go outside when your husband makes eggs because the smell makes you gag!

When you get asked 100 times a day what your having or when you are due by strangers.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

LOL, I had someone ask me when I was due when I was at the pharmacy and I just stared at her trying to think of when my due date was! If it was not for the weekly emails I get from baby center telling me how far along I am, I don't think I would remember.

When you have to go to the bathroom before, during, and after a kids movie not because of a full bladder, but because your LO has decided it is in her way and is trying to kick it out of the way. This was during an 1h 40m movie no less.

You start to push your DH out of bed because you need that many pillows to make yourself comfortable. I have taken all of the pillows in the house including his.

You can't reach something on a high shelf because your belly is in the way and climbing for it is out of the question because you can't get your foot high enough to put on the seat of the chair.

iVillage Member
I wanted to add one more... When you use your kids to grab things from the bottom two shelves at the grocery store, because there is no way you're going to be able to get down there yourself.

I feel so huge right now, and I still have 14 weeks to go! I may not be able to move by November...

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member

when your 5 year old asks how much bigger your going to get before you POP!!!!

Photobucket
Happily Married for 12
iVillage Member

Cute! 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
You send your husband a text message before he leaves the office warning him that your fuse is short.

Your butt goes numb on a regular basis.

Waiting a few minutes to get to the bathroom is NOT an option.

You have the best boobs of your life. And the worst abs.

You think that the Arctic sounds like an ideal living space at present.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
you forget what a cat is called :smileyhappy:
href="http://lilypie.com/"> 

preview image