26 week doctors appointment

iVillage Member
26 week doctors appointment
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 9:41pm

And all is well, at least as far as he is concerned. BP is down a bit to 100/60, weight gain over the last 3 weeks was surprisingly only 2lbs (the only weight gained to date), GD test came back good, all prenatal bloodwork came back perfect (not a chance of my problems being due to anemia), and thyroid is still where it should be. Baby boy's hb was 150 and uterus measured 29cm - 3 weeks ahead!!! Very scary.

My issue lately (last 3 weeks) has been weakness. I can me standing making a meal when I feel ALL energy seep out of my limbs (arms and legs) and into my core and I have no choice but to sit / lean on something or my legs will put me on the floor! I can't find any link and was hoping my bloodwork would show something but doc just suggested keeping up what I am doing - try to watch my stress level, stay hydrated, eat small frequent meals, and stop when I have to.

I love my lo but I don't love what he does to my body!

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 11:48am
Sounds like you're BP might be getting low and baby is putting pressure on your lower half. That's what my doc told me about losing strength in my legs. This whole "repeat pregnancy" is never as romantic as it was the first time!

Glad your boy is doing well!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 7:54pm

YAY for a good appointment! I agree with Jules that it could be BP related. You might want to try getting a BP cuff to take your BP when it starts happening to see if it is. I hope it stops soon.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:10pm
I'm glad you got a good report. That's always good! Sounds like baby boy might be a big guy. Are you and DH tall?

When I stand on my feet too long, I get a heavy, heavy feeling and my tummy tightens up. I don't get the weakness, but feel tired a lot regardless. I hope all's well and nothing to worry about.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:56am

I'm so glad everything came back looking good! I feel so bad for you, though! It's hard enough feeling tired all the time without having the weakness! I so hope that'll be behind you soon! (((hugs)))

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40