28 week appointment

iVillage Member
28 week appointment
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:30am

Yesterday was my BIG 28 week 5 day appointment to find out if the placenta has moved, my glucose test and thyroid test.

The placenta is still fully covering my cervix so I will need a C/S at 37 weeks, looking like I might have one of the first November babies. The good news is if I continue to not spot though the rest of my pregnancy she is willing to push the C/S back to November 2, giving Aibhlin a few more days to grow inside. We will recheck everything in at 32 weeks 5 days just in case a miracle has happened, I have a very optimistic OB, who prefers to avoid C/S. 

Aibhlin is growing really well, and still a girl (yes I made her double check, just in case). Her heartbeat yesterday was 150, and that was with the huge sugar rush we both had.

The glucose test went really well, I find out the results sometime today along with the results for my thyroid test. They had me drink the stuff right when I came into the office so I did not have to hang around for an hour. 

Last thing is my OB has put some restrictions on me, no intercourse and I can't life more than 10 lbs, so moving yesterday was really interesting since I could not do anything to help out. 

I will update everyone when the results come in, but I figure they should be normal.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:39am
Glad you had a good appointment! I was so hoping that your placenta would creep on out of the way. It's a bummer that it's looking like a c-section for you guys!!

I had and have some interesting restrictions with my last pregnancy and this one. I hate feeling like I can't do anything! At least we're getting closer! Can you imagine, Katie? You could be holding your girl in nine weeks!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:14pm

Wow! that is crazy to think how soon you could be having your little girl. I really hope it moves, but it sounds like you have a great doctor. It is nice to know they have a plan and can tell you what they will do. KUP!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 4:24pm
So sorry that the placenta isn't cooperating. Good luck on the glucose and thyroid tests!

I can't believe how few weeks we have left now. It's going to go by so quickly.
Lilypie Maternity tickers