29 Week Appt.

iVillage Member
29 Week Appt.
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:05am

I'm on a bit of a weird schedule with my doc, but that's alright.  I wasn't supposed to go in for a while yet, but it's been a long time, so they called me to come in.  We did my GD test and some other bloodwork and talked about what I can and can't do anymore.  I gained four pounds (AT LEAST it wasn't EIGHT, like last time!!) and they are still pretty concerned about all of the swelling I have that just doesn't go away. 

I've been told that I can no longer travel.  At all.  And this is a tough one.  I have a 12 year old that is playing football this season and has four out of town games.  They are all multi-hour trips, so I won't be able to watch him play about half of the time.  This is so hard for me to deal with.  I hate missing out on his experiences! 

My belly is measuring about a week ahead.  All in all, a boring, non-earth shattering appointment that made me want to cry because I can't watch my boy play his favorite sport!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 4:17pm
Oh no, I know I would be so upset in that situation too! But at least you and baby are still healthy, and your doc is being proactive in trying to keep it that way. Maybe one of the other team parents can take lots of pics and video or something? And I'm sure you'll enjoy the home games that much more since you'll be able to be there :-)

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 2:57pm

That is definitely tough! Hopefully the swelling will go down so they can lift that traveling ban on you! KUP!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Re: 29 Week Appt.
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 12:42pm
My blood pressure is normally a little on the low side - so I am high for me and getting borderline at times. This is just a tough pregnancy!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:19am
(((Hugs))) I would cry if they told me that too.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!