30 week appointment update

iVillage Member
30 week appointment update
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 12:12pm

And all is well. BP is back up to my normal level (112/78 ish), gained another 2lbs (total of 4 during this pg), baby is measuring WAY ahead (35 weeks instead of 30) which explains my inability to get comfortable in any position except laying down and even that is becoming ridiculous (i sleep with my thighs up on pillows, half my back on a pillow to shift the weight of my uterus to the pillow on the other side).

They ran a complete urine and blood test today to check for pre-e because of headaches, breathing issues, vision changes, and measuring large to be on the safe side but I am optimistic.

I go back in 2 weeks for my last follow up with my family doc and then on to an obgyn for the rest of my pregnancy (I would rather stick with my doc). 

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:32pm
KUP on your test results - I feel sure you'd feel a little more "blah" if pre-e decided to rear it's ugly head. Praying for you regardless! Can't believe you are measuring SO far ahead!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:06pm
Wow, you've got a healthy-sized baby cooking in there! I know sometimes they'll get ahead by a few weeks and then get back on track though, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Hopefully your blood and urine tests come back okay. I had pre-e the last time around and it was no fun! I'll cross my fingers that you're in the clear!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 5:41pm

I am glad everything went ok. FX that the pre-e results come back normal. I would hate to have to switch docs this late in the pregnancy. KUP!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 8:22pm
Heather - He was measuring 3 weeks ahead at my 26 week appointment so I am thinking it is a trend. Actually a little scary bc both of my girls were born at the exact same weight right down the the smallest measurement the scale showed despite one being 20" (and week and a half early) and the other being 22 1/4" (1 day early) - hope this guy doesn't drop out at the same weight because it would probably be far to soon for me!

Katie - I wish I could keep my family doc the whole time but I don't mind switching. The hospitals here are small so the OB on call on the day you go into labour is the one you actually get and not necessarily the one that you visited for your prenatals. The only way to guarantee to get your OB here is to have a scheduled C-section, which I don't want.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 7:22am
I hope your test results come back negative and all is well. I never see the same doctor because the practice I go to wants you to see all of the doctors so that you have at least seen the doctor who will deliver the baby once before actual delivery day. I'd rather have the same one throughout, but oh well...

Glad the BP is back to normal for you and baby keeps on growing well.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 2:15pm

Wow that's crazy! I hope your tests all come back with good results! I did read you could measure larger due to things like position and fluid levels! Hopefully that is your case! I looked after measuring 3 weeks ahead at 26 weeks too!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 8:23pm
Update - called the doc's office this morning and the tests were all clear, big sigh of relief!!!