32 week appointment today

iVillage Member
32 week appointment today
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 12:56pm

Went in for my 32 week appointment today, which was pretty unremarkable. Midwife did say that I passed my glucose test (yay!), and that blood pressure and belly measurements are right where they need to be, and baby's heart rate was 137. My lab work showed that I'm slightly anemic, but she said that she'd prefer me to get more iron through diet rather than supplements, if possible, since iron supplements can make you feel all sorts of funky (which I definitely agree with!). So I'll be trying to eat as many green leafy veggies as possible, since meat hasn't really been all that appetizing to me lately. But I have been crazy tired lately, which I just chalked up to third trimester fatigue, but maybe if I get a little more iron it won't be quite as bad. Other than that, all looks good, and I'm back in two weeks for another appointment and u/s to check on baby's bowels. Happy for another boring appointment, hopefully they stay like this!

--Heather-- proud mommy to five amazing kids and one more on the way!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 8:52am
Yay for a boring appointment!! Hopefully the next one will be just as uneventful. :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 10:49am
And you can eat dark meat poultry if you can stand it. I have been making smoothies with my dark green leafies and that helps.

I find out Monday how my glucose test went. I have a bad feeling for some reason!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 7:14pm

You can also get a little extra iron if you use a cast iron pan to cook in :smileywink:

I'm so glad you had a good appointment, and yay for passing the glucose test!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40