37.4 week appt and pre-op consult

iVillage Member
37.4 week appt and pre-op consult
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 11:17am

I had the worst appt yesterday and had no idea that having my cervix checked would be so painful!!!! I had a GBS swab done and then he wanted to see if I was dilated in case my c-section needs moved up. He told me I would feel a little pressure and the next thing I knew I shot half way up the exam table! Needless to say i'm not internally dilated at all and there are no signs of impending labor. If anything was gained from this appt it's that my Dr. no longer questions my birthing choice lol I told him from the beginning that i'm intolerant of any type of "female" pain and I think he now sees how true that is.

My pre-op consult at the hospital went well and I feel very prepared and well informed about what I can expect on delivery day. I go in at 5am on the 13th which is only 3 days before my due date, so i'm hoping I don't go into labor before then. Looking forward to reading the birth stories from the other c-section ladies on the board!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 12:19pm

I am glad everything went well. I had my pre-op hospital tour/ appointment yesterday as well. I found they can put you more at ease knowing that will be going on and seeing where it will take place. I don't think I could stand to go in at 5 am, do you live close to the hospital?

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 12:54pm

I agree, all of my concerns were addressed and the only fear I have now is going into labor b4 the 13th. I only live 2 blocks away from the hospital and could walk if I wanted to lol I'm glad the surgery is at 7am since I won't be able to eat or drink after midnight the night before.

You only have a few more days before you have your LO in your arms!!! This is so exciting after such a LONG journey!!!