38 week appt.

iVillage Member
38 week appt.
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 1:46pm

I tried to reply to everyone elses posts, but IV isn't letting me right now. It does that sometimes since the change over.  Anywho, we are all getting so close!  Good luck to everyone!

So, my appt was on Monday. Can I say the nurse was driving me insane!  I first had my NST, was stuck on it for 45 minutes because the office was busy.  The nurse told me that the doctor would check me that day and I told her I didn't want to be checked this week that I wanted to wait until next week (I have a crazy week and after I was checked 2 weeks ago I had cramps and contractions for 2 days and was living in the bathtub and guzzling water.) Well, the nurse said that he would check me whether I wanted to or not.  Then she made another snooty comment about how "Most moms....." yadda yadda yadda.  So, when the doc came in, he was fine with not checking me.  Well, the nurse was all snooty when I left and made a comment and then said that "Most moms want to be checked" all rude like.  Well, I'm sorry, but I guess I am much older, have done this many times before, and I am not "most moms".  I'm glad I like my doctor, because I sure don't like his nurse!

2 weeks ago I was dialated to a 1 and 30% effaced and baby was low.  Last week baby was even lower.  I constantly have the pressure and the cervix zap pains, so I'm sure I have progressed.  My goal is to keep baby in the oven through today and then after I am ready, my class has slowed down and all my to dos are done.  Poor DH- we haven't DTD for over 2 months because it was causing contractions, the doctor said we could continue IF we used a condom, but DH hates them.  Anyway,  we'll get to have some fun before the 6 week postpartum recovery!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 3:24pm

Don't OB nurses know that pregnant women border on homicidal at all times??  I hate broad assumptions...

Glad everything is going about the same!  And have some fun DTD!!  We've haven't done anything in a few weeks, but we're about to get the show on the road to get this girl OUT!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 3:25pm

OMG, I thought I was the only one who found the cervix check to be painful! I was also cramping all day and night afterwards yesterday. I told my Dr. he would not be checking me during my next and last appt next week and he was fine with that!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 3:41pm

My doc actually asked me today if I wanted to do the cervical check or not.  She said it didn't really matter.  Some people want to know and have everyone asking them.  I said nah.  Let's just skip it.  I dread it.  But it'll give me a chance to practice my Hypnobaby stuff. 

Pregnancy%20ticker